Chapter:7

I sat on the counter in the bathroom as Bear looked at my swollen knee. I was trying not to jerk or move it every time he touched the swollen site. I had already tried ice to reduce the swelling. It didn't work. I tried elevating it, no use. "Should get you to the doctor." He said.

"I can take myself since it's my left leg." I said. "Your not going by yourself." He said. "I'll let you tag along." I said. "I'm not going to ride in your car." He said. "Then follow on your bike! I can't get on behind you with my knee." I told him. "Fine whatever. It's not a far drive from here anyway." He said sighing.

He helped me down and walked behind me as I limped to the door. He opened the door and kept tailing. When we got to my car, he opened the door helping me in. I took a breath for a moment before trying to lift my leg in. "Nothing?" He asked. I nodded. When he squatted down to help me, I could see his leg muscles flex.

It hurt to bend it. He scooted my seat back to help me get in better. Then moved my seat forward again. "Guess I'll drive you back here." He said. "If they don't schedule surgery right away." I said as I buckled in. He closed the door going around to the passenger door. He got in and buckled. I started my car and went straight there.

As soon as the car was parked, he was getting out to help me. I scooted the seat back and grabbed the handle above using it to get out. He walked behind me as I went up to the door. He opened the door and continued to follow me. When I got to the desk the nurse ushered me back right away.

I was sat in a room before the doctor came in immediately. "Good to see you Victoria." He said. "You too." I said. "I see he had to wait outside." He said. "I guess." I said knowing that he was talking about Bear. "Well if he was your ol man I probably would let him back." He said.

"He sure is acting like he is." I said. "Knee giving you fits?" He asked. "Since I got back." I said. "I've got to get an x-ray of your knee and surrounding tissues before we see if you need surgery and how soon." He said opening the door. I could tell that he was watching how I walked on it by the way he was walking behind me.

"Did you drive here?" He asked. "Yeah." I answered. "Which foot are you dominant with?" He asked. "The right." I answered. He had me go into the x-ray room and sit up on the table. He put one of those protective things on me before centering me where I needed to be.

"You know how this works. Do not move. We should be able to know in an hour what is going on while I examine your knee." He said as he went behind the screen. The technician fired the machine up and every few images the doctor had me move a different way. When the x-rays were over, we went back to the exam room.

Every swollen part hurt. "Have you tried ice?" He asked. "Does not help now." I said. "Elevation?" "Nope. Even tried both at the same time. No use. That's why I was dragged in here." I said. He kept looking at the scarring. When the results came in, he did not look pleased. "Well. Looks like we're going to have to do surgery. Take this to the hospital and hand it to the nurse at the reception desk." He said printing out a paper.

He let me go and I limped back to the waiting room. On the way there, I called Eli to let him know what was going on in case one of our brothers tried to contact me. He said he wanted to see me before going in. I finally went out into the waiting area and was about to pay for the visit when Bear pulled his card out and let the lady behind the desk have it.

"Ready?" He asked. "Do you know where we are going?" I asked. "To take a nap." He said. "Ha Ha real funny." I said. "I'll drive." He said. "But you don't know where we are going." I said as I got in the driver's side. "Didn't he say not to drive?" He asked.

"Nope. Maybe tomorrow. Not today." I said before closing the door. He went around to the other side before getting in as I put my car in reverse. "You are not going to leave me here." He said. "Wasn't planning on it." I said as I drove to the hospital. He sighed. "Not today." He said.

"Have to. It obviously looked that bad that I need surgery today." I said getting out. Eli pulled up next to me. "I told the other three to be safe and not get chewed out later." He said after cutting the engine. "Smart move. Here's my keys. I have got to get checked in before a certain time." I said. "Have you eaten today?"
He asked. "No." I answered.

"Probably smart." He said.