Chapter 41. On The Run

Jaime's POV

The guy on the phone who sounds familiar as hell told me right where he'd be at. A guy in a black leather jacket turns around and when I catch sight of his face I chuckle slightly. "You huh?" I ask.

"Me." Christian chuckles. "Let's get out of here." 

We head outside to a blue ford I climb into the middle seat Eddie is driving and Christian slides in beside me after throwing my bag in the back.

"You guys I think this is really incredible smart but kind of dumb you don't think the cops would figure out he is in Houston?" I ask doubtfully.

They both share a glance and then break into laughter.

"What is so funny?" I ask.

"He's not in Texas at all actually." Christian snickers.

"Then why did you guys bring me here?" I ask.

"Because lucky us we're going to drive you all the way up there." Eddie laughs.

"Really?" I ask. "Where?"

"Washington State." Christian smirks.

I roll my eyes of course I should of known Abel wasn't that dumb. "Really? Why Washington?" 

"No family there nobody knows him but he's sort of staying in this cabin that Asher kind of paid for but with Abel's money. He stays clean out of sight of everyone." Christian explains.

"He's with Asher?" I ask.

"When he left his house he went to Florida to get Asher and they took off in Ashers car ditched his truck off a cliff... into the ocean.." Eddie says between laughter.

"It's bad they're looking for him everywhere." Christian sighs.

I huff. "I know." Then something clicks. "Well wait wouldn't the cops wonder why Asher is missing I'm sure-" They cut me off.

"Asher made two fake ID's they're not even going by their real names." Christian says.

"Great the felonies just keep piling up." I mutter and they both laugh.

"Don't worry Abel is smart he knows how to get away with shit. Even if he had killed Brandy he would of been smart enough not to get caught." Eddie says and shrugs.

"How does he have any money?" I ask.

"Yeah we'll let him answer that one." Christian chuckles.

I've now got a feeling I don't even want to know. 

"Oh hey could I see that phone?" Christian asks politely.

"Sure?" I ask and hand him the burner phone he chucks it out the window going seventy down the interstate I snort. "Nice."

Christian shrugs and chuckles.

"Who's truck?" I ask curiously.

"My uncles." Eddie says. "We didn't want to drive our own and risk leading cops to where he is at."

"Oh." I say. "How long of a drive?" I ask.

"Like thirty seven hours." Christian says.

"Holy shit." I mutter.

They both laugh at my reaction, A day and a half just to get to Washington.

****************

We have been rotating driving for thirty six hours, the boys said he's just outside of Maple Falls Washington. Christian is driving now I tried falling asleep but we're so close I just can't.