Blurryface

Tyler's mom gives him a hard stare after the only being friends statement.

"Whatever, go ahead and go to your room." Tyler quickly grabs Josh's arm as his mom says that, bringing him down the basement. Almost as soon as he shuts the door a little spotted cat comes up to Tyler, purring and rubbing against his leg.

"Hey Jason." Tyler says to Josh, picking the cat up, Josh smiles and scratches its head.

"He's cute, like a little cheetah." Tyler chuckles as Josh says this and sets Jason down, then motions towards his bed.

"You can sit there if you want, I'll show you the other music I've written." Josh nods and sits down, watching as Tyler grabs a bunch of papers then sits as well. The blue haired boy reads them multiple times, eventually choosing one titled 'Friend, Please'.

"I'm proud of that one." Tyler smiles, putting the other songs up.

"Why did you write it?" Josh asks without thinking.

"Someone I.. Care for well.. I noticed their arms.."

"What do you mean?"

"I.. We were in class, they went to reach for something and.. Their sleeve rolled up.." Tyler takes a shaky breath. "Their arms were covered in cuts, it literally looked like their arm could fall off." He brings his knees close, tears silently going down his cheeks. Tyler takes a few more breaths before speaking again.

"I wrote Tear In My Heart for them." Josh pulls Tyler into a hug after hearing this.

"I'm sure they had a reason for doing it." He says, then lets out a small squeak when Tyler shoves him away.

"There's no exchse for it! My life isn't as perfect as I'm sure you think it is but my arms aren't nearly as badly torn up as his are!" Josh sighs as Tyler practically yells this.

"I didn't say it's okay, just that they have their reason and when you start it's hard to stop." Josh shakes his head. "You wouldn't understand I guess." Tyler glares at him.

"You think I don't know? The longest I've been clean since 7th grade, keep in mind I'm a Senior now, was because I was in a god damn asylum." Tyler covers his mouth, the room becomes silent.

"An asylum? Why?" Josh asks eventually.

"The details are none of your business, just know I'm not exactly mentally stable." Tyler laughs, leaning back. "Music is.. An outlet I suppose. I usually write in the dead of night after some nightmare." The taller boy suddenly pulls Josh onto him, hugging him tight and giggling.

Multiple personality? Bipolar?

Josh thinks to himself, he doesn't say it though. He pulls way instead.

"Why date so many people then? If you apparently aren't mentally stable?" Tyler gives Josh an isn't it obvious look.

"They realize there's something wrong with me and either leave or treat me like a child, in that case, I leave them." Tyler grins.

"So.. Amy was treating you different because of um.."

"Blurryface." Tyler finishes the sentence. "The voice, I call him Blurryface."

"What voices?" Josh asks, wondering how much Tyler was willing to tell him.

"It's the main this wrong with me. Blurryface tells me to do things that definitely arent good. He keeps me up at night. He makes me wake up at night screaming because he's always there." Tyler didn't seem to be making any of this up, and as Josh takes a closer look he realizes that Tyler did have bags under his eyes. How Blurryface was described didn't seem like something that could be made up easily.

Josh hesitantly hugs Tyler, giving a small smile when the other hugs back. Tyler's breathing was just barely even, and it made Josh wonder what was going on in his mind.

"If you ever want.." He starts. "I could stay the night in case er.. Blurryface comes back."

"You might as well live here. Blurryface will never leave, he's a part of me, I can always hear him, even when its just whispers." Tyler chuckles darkly. "But seriously. If you wany to then you can stay tonight." He pulls away from the hug.

"I would but um.. Don't you want me to figure out some drum parts for your songs? We only have two weeks."

"I could sing the songs to you to give you an idea of what to play. We also have an old drumset in the shed."

"Sick!" Josh smiles. "We should go in there!" Tyler nods, he grabs Josh's hand and leads him out of the basement, then to the shed.

Josh and Tyler work on the music for about an hour before stopping, at this point they had found themselves to be cuddled on the couch, with Josh petting Tyler's hair.

"This is nice.." Tyler says, sighing. "I can't even hear Blurry right now."

"That's good." Josh responds quietly, giggling when Tyler nuzzles against his chest. It felt like only a few minutes when the shed door suddenly opens. Tyler's mom was there.

"So this is what you were doing? It's almost ten." Tyler sits up as his mom speaks.

"S-sorry. We'll go inside." He stands and holds out his hand to Josh, helping him up. When they go back into the house Tyler's mom asks Josh to wait in the bedroom while she talks to her son.

Thats where Josh was now, he couldn't hear what Tyler's mom was saying, it couldn't have been good judging by the fact that Tyler was shaking when he came back, whispering 'shut up' over and over, probably to Blurryface.

"Are you okay?" Josh asks.

"She c-called me a f-fag." Tyler studders, sitting on the bed, away from Josh. "B-Blurry was saying to-to hurt her..."

Um okay so this one had a little under 1000 words but I'm pretty proud? I hope it's not too bad, I know alot of stuff is rushed but Im trying to get better at pacing. Good bye for now
|-/