6. A terrible Threat

A few weeks had passed slowly, in cold, rainy weather. In the guild, that day, almost everyone gathered together ; Lucy, Juvia, Mira, were there too, seeking company, while other members came and went all day. Levy was traducing with Fried's help an old grimoire found during the last mission.There was a certain tension in the air, even if no news had leaked, all the members of the Reijin Unit, were there, close to Luxus, going back and forth with other members, such as Lisana teaming with Bixlow, and Elfmann, with his wife Evergreen. Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, Erza and Jellal, also seemed tense. Even little Wendy, while talking to distract the girls, seemed to be waiting for something.
The guild had received death threats.

Following the death of Yvan, the renegade Luxus' Father, one old of hid guild mates, seeked revenge and rebuilt Raven Tail, even as a clandestine guild. Luxus had received several threats, and even members of other friendly guilds, like Saber Tooth or Lamia Scale, had echoes of strange affairs, and plans against Fairy Tail.

Sting Eucliffe, Saber Tooth's chief, arrived with Rogue, Minerva Orlando, and Yukino Sagria; Lyon Vastia, Gray's childhood friend, and his partner Meldy, whom Jellal knew well too, from the days back as Crime Sorciere guild mate, also arrived and met together.
Luxus reunited them with old Makarov in his office; he informed them of the latest news brought by his units. Fairy Tail was the first on a list under the threat of Raven Tail. They wanted to destroy them all.

"This time, we have no choice but form a coalition to defend ourselves," said Luxus very seriously. "Unfortunately, I know the kind of rats that have remained even since the death of my father, they are now led by a certain Ygolev, and have planned to annihilate us by all means.

They tried to poisoning me a few days ago, and given the fragile situation of some of our members, including my wife, we can not take any risks."
Sting then spoke on behalf of his guild "What do you suggest we do Luxus?"
"First and foremost, Laxus said " we must protect our comrades, then we will form our ranks, and in units of four we will fight, with your support, if you agree," ended Fairy Tail's master. Erza, who hadn't said a word before, asked, "Who will have the mission to escort our comrades? I volunteer, with Jellal, to keep them safe".Jellal added, "We know very well what kind of enemy we have to face, I'm ready to protect with Erza our most vulnerable members, and the children as well..." he said, looking serious. Jellal was a very powerful mage, and a great asset in the battle.

After this meeting, once the plan was established, Lucy, Juvia and Mirajane were informed in part of what was happening; without having the time to say goodbye, they followed Erza and Jellal, as well as Wendy, who could be very useful due to her healing powers.They descended a long underground staircase, and then a long, winding tunnel to an underground hall, somewhere near the guild; except Erza and Jellal, nobody knew where they really were.Shortly after, thunder and shouting sounded above them, Lucy and Juvia screamed hard holding eachother, very frightened, in their condition, they knew it would be difficult and dangerous to use their magic and fight. Mira looked at Erza, aware of the danger around them.Juvia thought of Gray, and the child she was carrying, and in her heart decided that she would not be slaughtered without defending herself, she saw that same determination in the eyes of her other two comrades.
Outside, they could hear the attacks, the thunders of Luxus, the Cries of the Dragon Slayers, Natsu, Gajeel, Sting, who tirelessly defended the environs of the HQ of Fairy Tail; Gray and Leon synchronized their attacks, finding the complicity of when they were both pupils of the same master, Ul; together, they were unstoppable.
Meanwhile, in the underground vault, Erza and Jellal threw themselves forward to protect the access. Jellal's Celestial Magic and his other abilities were of a power equaled only by his partner, Titania, who in her armor of Purgatory, threw herself into the battle without rest.