Prologue

Abigail was done. With everything. She couldn't take this anymore. What was wrong with her? Why did everyone leave? Her devoted fans lost interest in her immediately latching onto the next gymnast that filled her slot. That was all it took. A shiny new toy to replace the broken failure that she now was. Her fans, she could understand them moving on from her if she really mulled it over, they never really cared about her for the person that she was, they had merely loved watching her routines and workout videos. But her friends on the other hand, well, her friends were a different story. To put it simply all her friends got tired of her baggage. They severed ties in fear that she would ruin their public image with the state she was in. The only ones that stayed were Hailey and Allison not that Abigail really knew why anymore. At this point in her life she was an absolute train wreck. She didn't deserve their friendship, they shouldn't be wasting their time on someone like her....someone so far past the point of no return -

They were her only true friends. What a disappointing outlook on her life.

She felt her phone buzz. She pulled it out of her sweatshirt pocket the screen soaring to life in the pitch black room. She winced waving her hand over the screen the brightness lowering to a soft glow. Now that she wasn't blinded she could make out a text on the screen.

Allison: where are you?

Abigail frowned as she looked at it and decided to ignore it. She was glad read receipts were turned off. Allison would know where she was soon enough. She felt her phone buzz again.

Allison: answer me

Allison: Abi!

"I'm sorry," Abigail whispered fighting back tears. She turned off her phone with a resounding click, shoving the item back into her pocket resuming her walk. Her breath coming out in white puffs in the chilly night air, streetlights going out as she walked past them, flickering back to life as she got farther away. The route she took was quick, she didn't really have to think about where she was walking. Her body seemingly knew where to go. She paused as she reached her destination pulling out a key from her jeans pocket. She stuck it in the lock the door opening with a creek. She winced at the sound but shook it off. No one would be here, she hadn't come here since the accident, since that day. No one knew she had come here. No one knew what she was about to do.

She sat on the ground of her old gym, now just an empty building. They had moved locations just after the explosion something about cheaper rent and better equipment, but Abigail didn't care. This was the building that held all the memories. This had been the place she felt safest and now all she felt was pain and regret. That safe feeling was gone now, just like her shot at achieving her dreams. She opened her bag and pulled out her pill bottle. Her hand shook as she did so. The capsules that would end her life rattling around inside the orange container. She took a breath to steady herself. Was this fear? No, couldn't be that. Nerves? Yes, maybe that was it Abigail decided. This wasn't something she took lightly. She had thought carefully about this listing the pros and cons in her head. She just happened to have more reasons to end it all than to stay alive. She refused to hurt her friends like this anymore. They'd be better off without her just like the rest of the world seemed to be. She was doing this for them, doing this for herself.

This was it. She was going to die. She had made up her mind, no going back. There would be no reversing this. Good, she thought. She poured out a handful of pills and breathed in her last breath. In the next moment the pills were were in her mouth then down her throat.

At first, she didn't feel anything and she grew fearful that it hadn't worked. Then she started feeling sleepy. And then, the seizures came.

She was seizing and was starting to drift off, when she heard the door creak open. She had forgot to lock the door! Someone had come in. But who? No one knew she was here. She had made sure of it.

"Shit, I'm late." Rip rushed in as he saw Abigail seizing. "Sorry, Miss Evans. I'm afraid you'll have to die another day. I need you alive." he picked her up and rushed to the waverider, specifically the medbay, as fast as he could.

"No..." Abigail muttered, going in and out of consciousness.

~

A/N: Hello, everybody, this was the prologue, written by me, BiUnicornBrittany, and the lovely miss sparkle123tt. See you next time!