Shoto Todoroki: Past

~Third Person POV Following Shotos thought and feelings~

Flashback Age: 4

Shoto sat on the couch in tears. His parents stood in front of him fighting over whether or not to punish him. He had accidentally set the tree in the back yard on fire and froze the pool over. It's not like he ment to do it. It was his quirk manifesting itself for the first time. Although his father didn't care. He figured that punishing Shoto for the mistake will prevent it's re-occurrence. His mother on the other hand thinks that since it was a manifestation there shouldn't be a problem.

"If he is punished then he won't loose control again!"

"No! If you punish him he won't want to use he quirk again!"

"M-Mom....D-Dad....I'm re-really sorry....I-"

Endeavor slaps the small boy across the face. Shotos eyes widen and he screams out. Getting up the innocent boy bolts out of the room and too his own bedroom. He lays under his covers sobbing. He didn't mean to....But that didn't matter to his father.

Flashback Switch Age: 5

Shoto walks into the kitchen where his mother was. He was hungry and wanted a cookie. He didn't have sweets often but he really liked them. His father said that sweets would ruin his diet. He didn't understand what his father ment but he didn't want to be hurt again. His mother turns around with a sinister look on her face and a boiling kettle in hand. Shoto steps out of his hiding place.

"M-mom? Ca-Can I have a co-cookie?"

"No. It's to close to dinner. Come here."

Shoto timidly nods and walks to his mother. She takes hold of his face with a rough and firm grip.

"I hate your damn left side. So why not show you just how bad it is."

With that statement she takes the boiling kettle and pours boiling hot water over Shotos left eye. The poor boy screams out in pain. His mother releases him and glares at him while he crys on the floor.

"You were never ment to happen. You are a mistake you little brat."

Immediately after this statement Enji who happend to be home, walks in to see why his son was making such racket. Soon after Shoto is rushed to the hospital. Endeavor couldn't have the key to surpassing All Might die from 3rd degree burns. To this day Shoto has a scar and what no one else knows is the small boy went blind in his left eye. He wears a contact to block the view of the completely white eye.

Flashback Switch Age: 9

Shoto had been training all day since school. He collapses on the floor and pants.

"Shoto! Who said you could stop!?"

The boy sighs and gets up continuing the training. Later that night after his dinner he is sent to his room. Shoto lays in his bed falling asleep exhausted.

Flashback Switch Age: 12

Shoto had been missing for a few days. He had run off but decided to come home for the fact that it was growing unbearable being homeless for some who grew up haveing everything handed to him. Ge had no clue what to do to survive except use his quirk to stay warm but he didn't want anything to do with his fire. The boy walks in the door and into the living room. His sister gets up and walks to him slapping him across the face.