Asui Tsuyu: Past

~Third Person POV following Asui's thoughts and feelings~

Flashback Age: 4

Asui's parents didn't want her. They never planned on having children. She was an accident in their opinion. But they never got rid of her. They raised her but not well. Today was Asui's fourth birthday but in this family that wasn't ever a good thing.

"Asui! Get your ass down here! It's time for dinner!"

Her mother yelled out and soon after a small girl with green hair and eyes came running down stairs. As the family sat eating Asui's quirk came in and her tongue extended.

"M-Mom?! D-Dad?! Whats going on?"

Asui stutters out as her tongue extends farther.

"Thats your quirk brat. Now shut up and eat brat."

Asui whimpers before her tongue re-enters her mouth and she continues to eat silently. When the poor girl is done she quietly runs off to her room. Ince there she sits on her pallet of a bed and plays with her new tongue a bit before going to bed.

Flashback Switch Age: 7

Asui walks into the girls bathroom to was her face off from lunch. Once inside a few of the girls from her class in there already can be heard talking about her.

"She's really weird. Why do her parents even love her?"

"They probably don't."

"Yeah. I doubt it."

"Frogs are all slimy and gross. And isn't her quirk a frog?"

"Yeah. Tsuyu is really gross the way her tongue gets all long and sticky. Blehg!"

Asuis eyes well up with tears as she hears her best friend Nishi Suroymi's words. Or at least...she thought Suroymi was her best friend. Asui walks farther into the room as tears start to silently trail down her small cheeks.

"S-Suroyki? Yuitri? Viomi?"

The small girl whimpers out to the girls she thought were her friends. The three girls turn to her not having noticed her before. Nishi rolls her eyes.

"You actually thought we liked you? Your so annoying and gross."

Rui Yuitri and Igori Viomi nod in agreement. They leave after shoving Asui to the ground. A couple minutes later the small girl gets up and washes the crumbs and tears from her face before wandering back to class where she sits at her desk feeling betrayed and alone.

Flashback Start Age: 12

Asui walks into her new middle school looking downcast and sad. She moved over the summer so she had to try to make new friends. Though she didn't really have any friends before either. As she walks towards her first class she's shoved into the lockers. Asui timidly looks up at the one who shoved her. A boy with black hair and blue eyes stares down at her.

"Your a freak! Gross bitch! Lots of people from your old school warned us about you!"

Asui whimpers not realizing that people from her old school knew what school she was transferring to. The boy above her kicks at her harshly, bruising her pale skin easily.