Shadows

I turn around to check if the girl/boy was there. He/she had left. I bought some jewelry and then we all went to Starbucks.

"Hey did you guys see a person with black silky hair at the mall?" I asked.

"No." They both answered at the same time.

I drove back home thinking of the person. He/she had the same exact hair like me. Only shorter... Maybe it was a guy. As I got out of my car I hear footsteps. I turn around. Nobody was there. Suddenly I saw someone walk past bushes. Black silky hair. Just like mine. Only shorter. I start running towards the bushes and when I got there, she/he was gone. I slowly walk back, thoughts swirling I my head. Who was that? Are they following me? I get my bags and open the door. All the lights were off. I turn them on and people yell happy birthday. I scream and almost fall off. My mom comes out with the cake and everyone starts singing happy birthday. I walk towards the cake, tears of joy in my eyes. I make a wish and blow out the candles.

"Thank you guys so much!" I exclaimed.

All of use started eating cake then opening presents and after that everybody left. I lay down on my bed tiredly. I look outside the window. The trees move slowly side to side with the wind. Suddenly I see the same shadow. A person with silky black hair. I close my eyes and when I open them the figure disappeared. Maybe it was just something I saw. My eyes starting closing. Soon I fell asleep. The next morning I woke up and ran downstairs. Carol had made chocolate chip pancakes. Those were my favorite!

"How'd you sleep last night?" Carol asked.

"Great." I lied. "Thank you for the birthday surprise party. I really enjoyed it."

"I knew you would." She replied. "So I heard there's going to be a new student at your school tomorrow."

"New student?" I asked.

"Yeah. They school said it was a boy."

"Oh." I said.

"You should talk to him." Carol said.

I looked at the clock. I was running late! I shoved my food in my mouth, grabbed my backpack, and ran out the door towards my new car. I checked my bag to see if I had everything. I turned on my car and drove all the way to school. It still looked dark outside so the sun hasn't came up yet. I turned on the front lights and drove. Something or someone was ahead running. Suddenly they stopped. Black silky hair. I tried to hit the breaks but they wouldn't work. I tried to see the person'a face but he/she had a mask on. He/she ran off and suddenly the car breaks worked. I opened the car door and ran towards top he person. My legs were running faster and faster every time I got closer and closer. I was some playing games. Who was this person?! I caught up to he/she. The mask flew off and suddenly I saw the eyes. The person was a boy. His eyes were dark like mine. I couldn't see his face clearly but he did have silky hair only up to his shoulders. My eyes started to blur. And all of a suddenly I fell towards the ground. The person was still running and suddenly everything turned black.