A New Friend

I opened my eyes. What just happened? I turn around and see myself in the hospital. Suddenly memories flashed. The person. Those eyes. I hit the ground. It seemed like five seconds but I knew it was more. I saw a black shadow. It came closer to my bed.

"Did you miss me?" said the dark figure.

"Who are you? Why are you following me?" I asked.

"I'm your twin." He replied while laughing.

"Twin? But how? I'm an only child." I said.

He starts laughing. "Then our mother must have never told you."

He came closer into the light and I couldn't believe it. Silky hair. Dark eyes. He looked exactly like me! Every part of my body felt numb. I felt like someone had just painfully stabbed me. How could my mother lie to me?! Many question flew inside my head.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Roman Zolanski." He said.

He had a devilish smile. Then he grabbed a stick and hit me in the head. My eyes started closing and I saw he walk down the hall with that devilish smile. Everything turned black.

When I opened my eyes everything was a blur. Suddenly it got clear. My mom came and asked if I was okay and I said yeah. She took me home and I laid on my bed all day. I couldn't go to school because of what had happened. I wonder who the new student was. I grabbed a bowl of nachos and ate them while watching "Pretty Little Liars." Outside leaves were falling and it was windy. I liked the fall season. Halloween, hoodies, leaves, ect. A memory flashed by. I was in the hospital and saw figure. He told me he was my twin. Those devilish eyes and silky hair. I paused and tried to analyze what was going in my brain. I have a twin that my mother didn't tell me about and here I am in bed while she's out there. How come she never told me? Did something happen? I didn't know but I knew I had to ask her. I walked downstairs and saw my mom in the kitchen.

"Mom am I an only child or do I have a sibling?" I asked.

"Why would you ask that?" She replied.

"I know about the twin." I said.

My mom suddenly froze. It felt like she saw a demon and she froze.

"Okay I think it's time I tell you." She said.

"Tell me what?" I asked.

We sat on the couch. I had so many questions but I was willing to listen first.

"You do have a sibling. A twin actually. You and him were born on the same day. Growing up, you guys were the best of friends. You two would laugh and share things and play around. One day someone got inside and went into the room and took him away. When I got back I started crying. He had been gone forever." She said.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I asked.

"I thought he was dead. I thought maybe it didn't matter. The same man shot your father and so I thought he shot my son too." She replied.

She started crying. I decided to leave her alone. I went upstairs and decided to do my homework. Tomorrow is Halloween and I still don't have a costume. So I finished my homework and then went to the mall. When I got there tons of children were picking out costumes. I went and saw so many costumes but I decided to be a vampire. I got home and watched movies while eating popcorn. My best friends and I got invited to a huge Halloween party so we decided to go. Beyoncé was going to be a wolf and Rihanna was going to be a kitty cat. I decided to go to sleep and I still had thoughts in my head about what had happened. I literally have a twin and she could have died. At least that's what my mom thinks but I know I saw him at the hospital. Looking at those devilish eyes.

The next morning was pretty good. I got up and decided to wear a casual Halloween outfit. I put on a fluffy orange skirt and had on a back shirt with a pumpkin face on it. I went downstairs and ate Halloween pumpkin spice pancakes. Those were my favorite! I grabbed my book bag then left. I got into Beyonce's car and drove off.

"So you guys ready to go to the big Halloween party?" I asked.

"I'm so ready! I can't wait to dance and eat candy." Beyonce said.

"I'm ready too! I got my costume and everything." Rihanna said.

"Good girls. Meet me at my house at 6 so we can all get ready." I said.

"Alright." they both said.

When we got to school I saw people with costumes and people without costumes. It looked so lively. I went straight to first period, English. All I could think of was my brother. What if he did die? What about Roman? Would I see him too? So many question flew inside my head. Suddenly an announcement came on. "Attention students. We have a new student at our school and would like everyone to go to the gym right now." After the principal was finished everyone ran out the door. New student? Suddenly I remember. My mom told me we were going to have a new student. I searched for my best friends and we all sat down.

"So who do you think the new student is?" asked Beyonce.

"If it's a guy he better be cute." Rihanna said.

"Everyone may I have your attention. We have a new student at our school. It's a boy and we are so glad to have him."

Everyone started clapping and cheering.

"Everyone please give a warm welcome to Roman Zolanski." the principal said.

Suddenly every bone in my body froze. Roman Zolanski. I looked like I just saw a ghost. I looked forward and a person came with a black hoodie on. He took off the hoodie and there he was. I wanted to leave. But I couldn't. I just sat there frozen.

"Yay! It's a boy! And he does look cute!" said Beyonce.

"Whoo hoo! Yay Roman Zolanski!" Rihanna said.

His eyes stared straight at me. He looked different. He didn't look like me at all. Maybe his hair and the eyes but other than that he looked like a different person. I got up and ran out the door. Before I left I saw his eyes and suddenly they change from back to his whole eyeball black. I looked back and when I looked again it was back to normal.