Chapter 2 - Lizalfos on Ice

Summary: Mipha and Link continue working together to help make Zora's Domain safer.

Soft white clouds drifted across a sunny midday sky in Zora's Domain as Mipha and Link walked hand in hand up the grassy path to Ploymus Mountain. As was usually the case, Link was wearing his Zora armor, and they had raced up three waterfalls to shorten their trip. Now they were passing the single pine tree where the path curved up and to the right leading directly to the plateau just northeast of Shatterback Point.

A vicious Lynel used to strut about here, arrogantly treating this location as its home, and terrorizing any who dared approach it with deadly Shock Arrows or the swipe of its giant blade. Even now you might still find the odd Shock Arrow sticking out from a tree, a reminder of that horrible creature. But the Lynel was long gone now. It had been some time since Link dispatched the Lynel with a display of his skillful swordsmanship that earned Mipha's instant admiration. Link remembered that encounter as they made their way to the plateau. Then he suddenly remembered something else.

"Oh no!" said Link. "Did we forget about lunch?"

"We didn't," said Mipha as she squeezed his hand. "But it seems you did. I have two fish with me, but you didn't bring anything?"

"No, I forgot. I was too busy thinking about what we discussed with Father," said Link.

"I'm happy to share one of the fish...," said Mipha.

"I didn't bring anything to cook with either," said Link. "Well, I guess I can skip a meal."

"You didn't let me finish, dearest," said Mipha smiling at him. "I was going to say you have such a thoughtful and caring wife that she brought one of the fish cooked."

"Oh! You're wonderful! I love you," said Link as he leaned forward to kiss her.

"And I not only love you too," laughed Mipha. "I know how important your meals are. We can eat our lunch by Shatterback Point and enjoy the view from up there."

Rocks lined the gently sloping path to Shatterback Point as well as an occasional pine tree. Pink and purple bushes that were reminiscent of sea coral added color to the base of the trail. They walked hand-in-hand, Link's mood brighter now. When they reached the top, they sat together to eat lunch on a patch of grass, leaning against a tree and looking down toward the plateau. In the distance, an Islander Hawk circled, presumably looking for its own lunch.

"It is beautiful here," said Link after swallowing another bite of cooked Hylian Bass. "And thank you for thinking of me. I was getting a bit hungry, and the fish is delicious."

"I'm so happy you've developed a taste for fish," said Mipha. "It makes living here with you much better."

After finishing their lunch, they stood up to look around, and Link put his arm around her. It felt good to hold her. She felt so soft and smooth, and so desirable. He pulled her closer and held her tighter, and she turned to him and smiled. Then she stroked his cheek, and they kissed once, then turned back to admire the view. And the view from Shatterback Point was indeed worth the trouble of traveling there.

Looking south and straight ahead from the edge of the point was the snow-covered peak of Mount Lanayru, home of the Spring of Wisdom and Nayru's servant, the great dragon Naydra. If you looked at the right time, and you were blessed by the Goddess Hylia, you could even see Naydra making its way up or down the mountain and circling the area. Looking straight down you could see Ruta in the middle of East Reservoir Lake, facing right with its trunk pointed upward. Ruta was quiet now, not pumping water, and from a distance, you could see her impressive elephant form in its entirety. To the east was the great Lanayru Sea. The sea was an area Link would like to explore further with Mipha's help someday. Who knew what adventures lay far away in the distance there? He had only visited some nearby islands. To the north was Death Mountain glowing red with cascading rivers of molten lava. And straight west was Hyrule Castle.