2. Complications

CHAPTER II

COMPLICATIONS

It had been just over a week since Edward had taken Biology with Harry. A week in which he locked himself indoors, refusing to talk to anyone and just leaving the house to hunt where he could cope his frustration as he ran and climbed the nearby rocky mountains and then returned to his room with his discs. His parents and siblings tried to talk to him, tried to find out the reason for his annoyance. Edward could tell if he even knew how to catalog his thoughts that most closely resembled a complex tangle of wires

Technically, the situation was simple: he couldn't read the mind of Harry and his friends. Check. This had happened to Bella as well, but soon he had discovered that from time to time he might find a rift in her mind, just like a crack in a shield. His plausible theory for this was similar to comparing his power of telepathy with a radio and the different frequencies he could pick up. Maybe Bella, Harry, and their friends had a different mental frequency. It sounded ridiculous by these terms, but it was the closest theorizing to rationality he could find.

But this theory had a flaw: Harry and his friends had no holes in their shields. On the contrary, their minds had a thick wall that repelled his power, protecting the minds of the three. Alice couldn't get a vision of them, as if they simply didn't exist within the field of future possibilities that constantly changed. And Edward also suspected that Jasper couldn't influence their emotions just as he couldn't interpret them.

To complete the not very promising picture, there was still the note Harry had given him before he left the classroom. Edward picked up the note, inspecting the six words written in a hurried but still beautiful calligraphy.

It's not your fault. I'm sorry.

What could that mean?

A quick interpretation told that Harry didn't blame Edward's strange behavior. That he was sorry for the situation, that is, he knew he was the culprit and not Edward.

Simple.

Except for the fact that it also meant that Harry might know what Edward was, and that was scary, for a human hardly came up with the hypothesis that he and the Cullen family were vampires - even Bella took months to guess the truth. But if that note meant what it appeared to be, then Harry knew what he was. But the question was, who was he? What were he and his friends doing in Forks? How did he know that Edward was a vampire? Does he really know that he's a vampire?

Edward looked at the window, watching the cool morning light begin to dawn.

He would go back to school and find out what those Brits were hiding.

For his protection and for his family.

.

.

.

"Well well well, look who has decided to grace us with his presence." Rosalie scoffed, combing her golden hair as she looked at the reflection of her red convertible bodywork.

"Haha ... I'm laughing." Edward countered sourly, unlocking the doors of his Volvo.

"We missed you little brother... We thought you had died inside your bedroom." Emmett joked "Oh wait, we're all already dead!!!"

Alice laughed, her voice ringing like bells in the wind.

"I don't know why I'm still hanging out with you guys..." Edward rolled his eyes.

"Because we have been siblings for more than fifty years, Ed. Get over it." Jasper joked, stepping inside the car while Rosalie was starting the car.