<~*~[Chapter 7]~*~>

[Chapter 7: Spirit Renewed ]

With 859 words

{A/N: Here's the second chapter for today}

<--||Aoi's POV||-->

<--||3rd Point of View||-->

As the sun's rays broke through the dusk Aoi's eyes fluttered open. She moved the blanket away from herself and let out a yawn.

Last night's events flashed in her mind as she tried to stand up.

"Aoi san, you're awake." Chorused Chibi and Ginji, a smile evident on their faces.

"Good morning you two." Replied Aoi with a tired smile.

"You should eat Aoi san, we've prepared your breakfast," said Ginji while offering Aoi her food "and if you don't mind, may I know why you were crying last night?" Questioned Ginji with a concerned look on his face.

Aoi could only look at him, a sad smile forming on her face. Aoi herself can't comprehend anything that happened so it took her a lot of thinking before answering Ginji.

"I don't know. ."

"I don't understand anything. . ."

"I don't even understand myself anymore."

Ginji was pained to see Aoi in the state she was in, he knew that it would be hard for her, he never saw Aoi this hurt, even when she heard the news about her and Odanna's marriage she fought head on. What could have happened that left her this vulnerable and defenseless? Thought Ginji.

"I see."

"I hope that once you do understand you would share it with me." Muttered Ginji with a faint sad smile on his lips.

"Ginji, I'm sorry. . ." Said Aoi, guilty that she ended up hurting someone that was always there for her.

"No, it's alright Aoi san, it must have been hard for you." Replied Ginji, he gave Aoi a smile before sitting down.

"Aoi san do you have any plans for today?" asked Chibi, while holding Aoi's ring finger and patting it to comfort her.

"Not really Chibi, do you?" She asked while the little creature smiled giddily.

"Yay! Aoi san can play with me!" Jumped the little kappa.

"Should we visit the tube kittens? We might meet Byakuya kun there." Whispered Aoi to herself.