𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐖𝐀𝐘 🤫

𝐌𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐢, 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚
𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟓𝐭𝐡 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟕

📍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐙𝐄, 𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐀𝐃𝐄

"Can you hurry up, Layla?!" Jahseh yelled after me as I tried catching up to them both. We've been walking around this arcade for about two hours. "Can you slow down, Jahseh?" I asked.

Stokeley slowed down for me and slid his fingers through mine. "Don't worry, I'll wait."

Jahseh scoffed and slowed down.

He held my hand also and began swinging my arm back and forth. "This looks weird, guys."

"Doesn't seem weird to me." Jah says just as somebody glanced at us. Stokeley's grip on my hand hardened and I looked up to see his jaw clenched. "What's wrong?" I asked.

I knew what was wrong. I would rather let him speak than to walk in silence. He shook his head and pulled out his phone. He eventually released my hand so I'd walk with Jahseh.

I've known the two of them since the second grade, they get into fights over me all the time. I try to stay out of it but I can't since I'm the problem. I've dated Stokeley in middle school and that didn't turn out well.

I tried it with Jahseh in high school and that didn't work out either. We remained the best of friends cause that's how it always was. One just didn't want me hanging with the other too much or showing too much affection.

I let out a sigh as we took our seats by the food court. "He's being moody again?" Jahseh asks.

"You're not the one to talk about being moody," I laugh at him. He smirked and nodded, "Okay, you got a point." He laughed at himself.

The laughter died down as we seen Stokeley appear with his phone on the side of his face. He leaned on the wall and stared off as if the conversation was interesting.

"When are you gonna choose? I don't think I can do this anymore." Jahseh says. My mouth gaped open and I began to choke on my saliva. "Shit, I didn't mean to.. you know," he says and leans over to give my back a slap. I held onto my neck as soon as I began to breathe properly.

"It's— it's okay," I said. "could we talk about this later?" He nodded in approval and I gave him a light smile. I began to tap my nails onto the table and try to let my mind wander elsewhere. I wish I had someone to help me make a decision but I literally only had the two of them. I had so many concerns like, will this break the the amigos up? If so, I won't pick.

I wish they would see that I'm not a trophy.

Stokeley finally came to join us and it was even more awkward than before. "I'll go order. What y'all want?" Jahseh asked as he stood up.

"Cheeseburger with fries and a sprite." Stokeley stated. "Hot dog and nachos," I say.

He walked off and headed to the line.

I zoned back in on Stokeley staring at his finger nails. "You're gonna stop avoiding me now?"

He shrugged and placed his chin on the palm of his hand. "So fucking difficult," I whispered. "I'm difficult? At least I know what I want." He argued. "Well I'm fucking sorry I can't choose between the two people I love the most!" I say. "It's not that hard Layla, you're just afraid this will break us up." He called me out. "And isn't it?! Exactly." I whisper-yelled for only him to hear. He sucked his teeth at me, "Whatever."

"ONE OF Y'ALL COME CARRY THE DRINKS!" Jahseh yelled from across the room.

"Can we talk about this later? Conversation isn't over yet." I said whilst standing up. He didn't bother to respond as I walked towards Jah.

•••

Stokeley drove us back to my place after we ate. We all sat on the living room couches while a cheesy Lifetime movie played on the television.

I threw my phone in between a cushion as I stood up. I walked past a sleepy Stokeley and headed to the staircase. I walked down the hall and entered my room.

I took off my shoes while removing the sweater I had on. I walked over to my drawer and rummaged through them all for some clothes appropriate enough to wear in the house.

Once I completed the task, I ended up laying on my back. I let out all my stress in a sigh and ran my hands through my messy hair.

All the stress was back once somebody knocked on my bedroom door. "Come in," I said softly.

Stokeley strolled in and closed the door behind him. He walked over to my bed and took a seat next to my body. "I'm sorry." He said.

"For?" I asked.

"I'm not explaining myself," he said.

"Then you're not really sorry." I turned to my side so he wouldn't see my face. I was pulled back to face him and saw him hovering over my body. I was going to say something when I noticed him observing me in every way possible.

"I can't stand you." He says once we held eye contact. He got a hold of my legs and dragged me down to his thighs. "And I can't you." I say.

He pursed his lips as he crawled over my legs, never breaking our eye contact.

"Stokes.." I added, trying to stop him.

"Hm?" He hummed in response.

"You said sorry.. now leave." I said, "leave before Jahseh comes." I added.

"Sorry Lay, I cant do that even if I wanted to.."

awe shit
here we
go again