2.

Once I finish with the cloth I just set it beside my computer and read the writing on the small box "Laughing-Jack-In-The-Box?" I look at it in confusion "I haven't heard of that before" I mutter to myself, after a moment of debating with myself I decide to spin the small handle on the side and smile softly as I hear the soft tune of Pop Goes The Weasel as it was close to the end I sing the last part of the song with the tune. "Pop goes the weasel" but after the top opens, nothing pops up like it should, I sigh in disappointment "broken, not surprised, it looks like an old box anyway" I mutter to myself once again. I lean back in my seat staring at the box in confusion and curiosity "why was it in the attic in the first place?" I mutter again and let out a sigh shaking my head closing the lid of the box, I then stand up moving the box onto a shelf planning on searching it up later that day.

After a few hours I softly sigh and stop working on school work before going downstairs "mom? you home?" but I didn't get a response when calling my mother, though Kevin apparently came home early "Kevin" I greet him annoyed "afternoon Arlo" he smirks and walks closer, I glare and take a few steps back "what the fuck do you think you're doing?" "well your mother finally left and now it's just us bud" I glare and turn back around running back upstairs to my room quickly closing my door but unsuccessfully locking it, as he was able to push it open causing me to fall back against my desk with a grunt of pain as I hit the side of it. "What the fuck!" I yell and glare at him standing up leaning on my desk wincing in pain as I do so, he just smirks and corners me against the desk, his hands on either side of me.
"Oh Arlo you're just adorable, your mother isn't here to help you either, so you're out of luck there. And you know, i've always found you so cute, but you're mother was always here and in the way, now she's not. Want to know why she can't bother us anymore?" I glare and as hard as I could I punched him hard in the gut before quickly running out. But of course I wasn't fast enough and he tripped me causing me to fall down the stairs and scream in agony as I felt a couple of my bones break "Fuck! You asshole I hate you, you creepy old bastard!"

Kevin glared at me as he slowly walked down the stairs holding the area I punched him "you little bastard, you're going to pay for that" he growled out kicking my side with what felt like all his strength and before I could even get a sound out he covered my mouth and tied a gag over it. "your mother is dead, she was killed in a crash, I don't feel bad about it either" he spoke with a smirk plastered on his face. He then lifted me up and brought me to the basement throwing me to the floor after removing the gag, but all I could do was cry at this point I was certain no one would hear me if I screamed and no one knew who he was, from what I knew.

I wasn't really  crying over what he could do to me, in fact it was really only over the fact my mother was dead and I never got the chance to say any goodbye to her. Within only a few  moments of crying it felt as though something had snapped inside of me and I suddenly stopped crying and blankly stared a head of me, blankly staring down the man that killed my mother. I didn't even move an inch and suddenly Kevin fell to the ground a pool of blood slowly surrounding his now lifeless body "hm" was the only noise I made as I looked at the person that had apparently stabbed Kevin. I slowly stood up, but of course, that wasn't a good idea since I had passed out as soon as I did.

I soon felt myself slowly gaining consciousness and I slowly opened my eyes groaning softly as I felt a searing pain in my side "fuck that hurts" I mutter as I hold my side gently, closing my eyes in pain. "well of course it does your stepfather did quite a bit of damage" a strange voice states from the right side of me, I open my eyes and look over "who are you?"