1

(Oh, and one more thing. This book will be told in a 3rd person view only.)

It was a normal morning in Eureka's sheriff's department.  That is, until Allison Blake walked in.  "Carter!" Jack's head turned to look at her.  "Yes?" "Whatcha doing?" She asked, sounding slightly agrivated.  "I'm the sheriff, I'm...sheriffing." He said.  "Yeah, well you were supposed to meet me at global half an hour ago for your physical." She said matter-of-factly.  Jack panicked slightly, he really hated the idea of physicals.  "Yeah, well, I gave myself the physical and I'm in perfect health." He said, hoping that work.  "Alright", she said coldly, "it's mandatory. You can't be insured by Global without one."
"Yeah, now's not the best time cause we're really, super busy." Alison glanced over at Deputy Jo, who was casually painting.  "This is the third time you've put this off.  What's up?" She asked.   After chatting for a few minutes, and a few attempts of Allison trying to get Carter to take the physical, the phone rang.  Jo picked it up.  "Sheriff's office, Deputy Jo." A panicky man's voice answered.  As Jo tried to get him to slow down, Jack waited to hear who it was.  When Jo finally gave up, she said, "It's Carl Carlson, don't worry about it, it's nothing urgent." "Well, is in my book." Jack said.  "Carter." Alison said annoyed.  "Sorry Allison, duty calls!" He said as he walked out the door.  Allison looked at Jo, who said, "Just wait." Not one second later did Jack walk back.  "Exactly where am I going?"

----____----____----____----____----

Jack pulled up to Carl's house, walked up to the door, and knocked.  Carl and Jack soon established that he was not the usual sheriff.  What was even more surprising was Beverly Barlowe's appearance.  Her and Jack were never on great terms.  She seemed too suspicious to him.  Somehow, she managed to get Carl to come with Jack so they could get him to Global Dynamics.

10011001001100001 (I don't know what I'm doing XD)

To avoid, again, the dreaded physical, Jack jumped into the elevator with Carlson and asked about his experiment.  "So what's this breakthrough?" He asked just as the elevator door closed.  Nathan Stark, director at Global Dynamics, watched the doors close with annoyance, and something else he didn't quite understand.  "I can't stand him." He said.  "What is it with you and Carter?" "Not him, Carlson. He's barely done anything useful." Nathan wasn't annoyed with Jack, even if they did bicker time to time, he actually didn't mind him.
Back in the lab, Jack had on a hair net, gloves, a clean lab coat, and plastic on his shoes.  He looked at Carl.  "Is this really necessary?" He asked, grumpily.  "I can't have any other DNA samples interfering with the experiment." As Carl took a tube in the centrifuge, and added one drop of a clear liquid, the centrifuge began to rattle.  "Uh oh." "What do you mean  'Uh oh'?" Jack asked.  No later, the centrifuge exploded, launching Jack and Carl into the air.

Jack looked around, he head spinning slightly.  "Jack!" Nathan called.  Allison and Nathan were at his sides.  "Are you alright?" He asked.  "Yeah, just sore." Jack replied, slowly getting up.  Nathan's gaze turned hard as he stared at Carlson.  He rose stalked towards the scientist, and they began to 'talk'.  Jack stared at Nathan, he rarely ever saw him this mad.  He and Allison began to talk about what happened, only to have Nathan interrupt.  "Allison, I'm gonna need form 395 tack 2-Charlie. He's all yours. Carter." Nathan said the last part as he walked off.  "All mine?" He said, looking to Allison for answers.
She sighed.  "Carl is being fired."