4

Nathan rushed into the infirmary, and searched for Jack.  He soon found him.  Jack was still on the bed, well almost, his chest rose and fell in an even breathing pattern.  Nathan collapsed in a nearby chair.  Relief overwhelmed him.  "So, how is he?" Nathan jumped.  He looked around and saw Allison beside him. "Ali, I..."  "Nathan, I know you love him.  I'm just irritated that you haven't told him yet." Nathan sat silently, then looked over at Jack, who was still peacefully asleep.  "I...I'll tell him...Once he wakes up..."  Nathan pulled up a chair, and sat right beside Jack.  "Is there anything I can get for you?" Allison asked.  Zoe soon crossed Nathan's mind.  "Someone has to get Zoe..." He went to stand, but Allison stopped him.  "I'll get her, you stay here..."  Nathan only nodded, he layed his head on top of his arms, and fell into a deep sleep.

Jack woke up to bright lights of Global's infirmary.  He looked around, he saw Zoe, curled up in a chair, and Nathan, sound asleep beside him.  "Dad...Dad, you're awake!" Zoe said hugging him.  "Yeah, I'm up.  U-um, Zoe, do you think you could give me some privacy?" Zoe looked at him for a moment, then at Nathan.  She understood then what was going on, and left the room.  Jack looked at Nathan, how often he dreamed of this.  Though, it was under different circumstances.  Jack pressed a hand on Nathan's shoulder, and shook him.  "Nathan...Nathan, wake up."  Nathan groaned and slowly opened his eyes. He looked to see what had woke him, only to see Jack awake.  Nathan's eyes were wide.  "Jack you're-" "Awake? Yeah, I'm up." Nathan jumped up and hugged him tight, not daring to let go.  Jack held Nathan, and nuzzled his face into his shoulder.  Nathan let out a shaky sigh of relief.  "Jack, I...There's  something I want to tell you." Nathan pulled away from Jack, but still held onto his wrists.  Jack sat silently, waiting for him to speak.  Nathan bit his lip, then he looked Jack dead in the eye and spoke.  "I have been feeling something towards you, something I haven't felt in a long time." Jack's heartbeat quickened, and the machine beside him beeped quicker.  Nathan's heart rate had also picked up.  "Jack, I...I love you, Jack." Nathan immediately looked down, he didn't want to see Jack's face.  Jack sighed with relief and happiness, he wrapped his arms around Nathan and pulled him into a tight embrace.  Nathan slowly returned it.  Jack rested his head against Nathan's shoulder.  "I love you, too." He whispered.  He felt Nathan tighten his grip on him, the fabric on his shoulder was damp.  Jack pulled away, and saw Nathan crying.  "Baby, what's wrong?" He asked.  "N-Nothing, I'm just happy." Nathan said, smiling.  Jack smiled, too.  Jack saw Zoe poke her head through the doorway, and motioned for her to come in.  Zoe sat beside Jack, and he told her about him and Nathan.  She beamed and hugged the both of them.  They were a family, and they were happy, nothing else mattered.