2

Carl's house was cleaned out, and his research taken. With no where to go and no where to stay, Jack allowed him to stay at his place. Allison rolled up with a few boxes. "So, is this what 395 tack 2-Charlie looks like?" "Yep", she said smirking, "and one more thing." She stuck a patch on Jack's neck, which stung. He went to take it off. "Oh, and it'll hurt more if you take it off." Jack looked at her, annoyed. "What even is it?" He asked. "A portable physical." She replied. Jack groaned. Carl approached Jack. "H-hey, you have a phone I can borrow?" "Yeah, here." Jack pulled out his phone and waited for Carl to take it. Carl wrapped his robe around his hand and took the phone.  Jack mumbled, "It's gonna be a long day..."

Nathan was worried, scratch that, his head was about to explode with worry.  C'mon, Jack just fell 50-70 ft! He sighed as he grabbed his things and turned off his office lights.  He drove to the cafè in town, and opened the trunk.  As he was arranging his things, a voice called behind him.  "Stark!" It was Carlson.  "Carlson, thought you would be gone by now." He replied coolly.  "Oh, I am.  You took everything from me, now your going to regret it."

"Carl!" That was Jack's voice!

Nathan sighed in relief to see the sheriff.  "I've been looking everywhere for you!" Jack said.  Then, both him and Nathan saw the knife.  "Carl, no!" Jack screamed.  Carl turned the knife on himself and dug it into his hand.  Nathan and Jack grimaced.  "Carlson, no job is worth this." Nathan said.  Carl held up his hand.  "And what do you think...this is worth?" The wound healed in a second.  Jack looked at Nathan, while Nathan stared at Carlson.  Carlson looked at Nathan with a look that said, I want my job back.