Just working out

Donnie's POV

We all decide to check on her. She wasn't there last night, so we came first thing in the morning. As we approach, I start to hear music. It seems like the intermission between songs, but, soon enough, another one starts.

Just gonna

Stand there and watch me burn?

Well that's alright,

Because

I like the way it hurts.

Just gonna

Stand there and hear me cry?

Well that's alright,

Because

I love the way you lie,

Oh,

I love the way you lie.

It made me a little reluctant to go to the window, but we peeked in anyway.

She was in there, alright- slumped in front of a blood-streaked punching bag with shaky shoulders. Leo lightly taps on the window. She looks up like a startled deer, pastes on a fake smile, and holds up a finger. I'm not sure why until she pushes open the window, clad in the same sweatshirt she was wearing when we met her.

"What's up?" She asks, acting normal.

"Nothing much. I mean, you weren't here last night and we were worried, but, you know..." Leo replies coolly.

"Oh... Sorry about that... My family kinda goes out on a whim..." She looked distracted, and she switched off whatever was blasting the music.

"So... Um..."

"Nothing to report. Just... Just chillin' out." Tear stains were on her face. Why had she been crying? Mikey notices it too.

"Dude, have you been crying?" He blabbed, bored expression on his face. I nod at Raph, who passes on my message in the form of a smack to the back of his head. "Hey!"

"Oh, uh... j-just working out..."