Safe

Donnie's POV

Time wasn't on our side last night.

--- Last night ---

We had just gotten to the window. I had peeked in, hoping beyond hope that she hadn't come here. She had. All I saw was her being slung against the wall, then slashed across the face by Shredder. Then, as he was slinking back to his throne, I jumped in, staff ready, followed quickly by my brothers. We had improved since we last fought him.

I raced over to the probably dead girl, denying what truth that lay there with her. I check her pulse. It's faint, but life still spilled through her like the blood Shredder had spilled tonight. I carefully scoop her up from the floor. I don't trust her, but I can't just let her die. It just wouldn't be fair.

---

We arrive at the lair faster than we usually would have. Her heart rate was slowing by the minute, and we had to work fast. First, we had to cauterize the stab wound in her abdomen. I set two pokers in a fire (courtesy of Raphael) and curse the wait. Speed was a necessity. While it was heating up, I bound her arm. I could barely look at her face enough to wrap it in bandages.

The pokers have finally heated up. It hurt me just as much as it would've hurt her (she was out cold) to stab it into her wounds. I'm sorry, Maggie. I'm sorry.