rum·​bus·​tious

uncontrollably exuberant; boisterous.

Spring Break should have been the best week of their lives, but things never go to plan; out of the group of people, Cain had the best week

Spring Break should have been the best week of their lives, but things never go to plan; out of the group of people, Cain had the best week. Cain spent much of his week sitting at his father's boring meeting and playing stupid games on his phone. While nine to five was taken up with things he didn't wish to be doing, it was a good distraction, and when the clock stroke five, he had the rest of the night to himself.

Cain's idea of fun was finding the hottest girl he could and fucking her, so she struggled to walk for the next few days. Naturally, it would be a one-night stand, and they would never talk to one another again. It wasn't that Cain had no respect for girls. He found too many girls trying to get him a bit of publicity. Cain hadn't dated anyone since high school, well, seriously dated anyone. He got to the third date with them and saw right through them, seeing the fake smiles and forced laughs that were all about getting to him and his reputation. He didn't like that; that was something he couldn't deal with now.

Poppy had spent most of the time drunk, and although her parents locked her in the hotel room or had Sawyer never take his eyes off her, she always found a way to get a bottle in her hands and begin drinking it. She was just as messed up as she had been after the funeral, and all Sawyer could do was hide the alcohol and stop her from hurting anyone or anything. It didn't prove easy.

Jared, Nadine and Abigail spent their week under the hot Florida sun. Although there were plenty of parties to go to, the beach was closed for the remainder of the week and the foreseeable future. They still had plenty of fun, Abigail and Jared teaming up to sleep with every guy on the coastline between them and Nadine spending more and more time with Truly. They were very different people, but for some reason, they could spend hours and hours talking about nothing but a bit of fluff found on one of their clothes. The more time Nadine spent with Truly, the more guilty she felt, though because she couldn't be honest to her parents, they would expect her.

It was the Saturday night before returning to campus, and Poppy had somehow slipped out of the hotel room she had been locked up in. Wondering the city streets, she found it easy to get alcohol. Poppy was pretty, and when she wanted something but didn't have the means to get it, she just played the helpless girl and, most of the time, got what she desired.

Poppy had found her in one of the best nightclubs in the city, slipped the bouncer a couple of hundreds, and he looked the other way. She sat on a red leather sofa with a cocktail in her hand, sipping it very slowly, fluttering her lashes and the poor boy who was trying too hard in front of her.

"Poppy, Oh My God, it is so good to see you." A girl screamed from behind her. Lyra Pearson, a twenty-something-year-old lingerie model and soft porn actress, thought that was meant to be a secret. Lyra had been one of the many girls dating Cain; they had known one another for nearly a decade because both parents were in politics. Poppy had met her several times, she was usually in nothing more than a bra and a pair of pants and often on top of Cain at those moments, but she pulled away from him once she started moving up the ladder of modelling.