▮ONE▮

C H A P T E R ' O N E
T I T L E ' D R E A M

―――――――――――――――

JEONGGUK felt a little dizzy, his head had been spinning in several directions at once, ever since he had received the news concerning the approval of the request he had submitted just a few months ago.

That very morning, the seventeen year old teenager found himself randomly rummaging through his mailbox, not a single thought regarding his old submission crossing his mind.

As his eyes were scanning the piles of envelopes that were shoved by the mailman inside the mailbox, Jeongguk could not help but notice a white letter with a crimson red logo that resembled a large "A".

And so, the life he had been dreaming of since he was a mere toddler began ― and even though he was very aware that it was all real, he still couldn't acknowledge that he will have to leave his family behind.

His new so―called "job", or better said duty had the highest of risks, and yet Jeongguk could not simply kick at the dream that had finally become reality just because he was a homesick wimp.

He was going to meet the best of the best, the strongest among all, and prove himself to be Earth's best defender, even if that was the last thing he was going to achieve.

Not to be said that Jeongguk applied in first place because of the famous Kim Namjoon, whom he had watched on television, while the superhero was offhandedly saving hundreds of citizens.

There wasn't much to be said about Namjoon, and even though many people regarded him as the most boring Avenger, Jeongguk thought the exact opposite. Great thighs, nice ass, big tiddies. What more could someone ask for?

The Avengers had always proved themselves to be by far the greatest individuals to ever reside on the surface of Earth, and the mere thought of Jeongguk joining them and being automatically regarded as one of the seven most powerful men on the planet made him sick to his stomach.

But what if he wasn't good enough? What if the others' expectations were higher? What if the entire world ended up despising him and believe that he didn't belong to The Avengers?

"Gguk, sweetie," His mother's honeyed voice called out from downstairs and the brunette snapped out of his daze, shaking his head before jolting out of his bed and rushing downstairs, where his mother was most certainly waiting for him.

It was painful to move away at only seventeen years old and be obliged to forget about your past and the one who raised you, but that was the path Jeongguk had chosen and there was no going back.

He convicted himself to that fate, and although it was heartwarming to know that his mother had always supported him when it came to pursuing his dreams, he felt guilty leaving her behind on her own.

"Mom, where's my backpack?" Jeongguk asked, attempting to escape the overly tense atmosphere that was seriously giving him a headache. The plump woman smiled softly at him and reached for an oversized and most likely overly―loaded bag, handing it to her son, who reeled slightly once he picked up the heavy backpack.

"Y'know, mom," The brunette paused for a second, his adam's apple bobbing visibly as he was trying to choose some appropriate words to say before drifting away from his mother, "I'll give you a lot of calls, and we can even facetime 'n stuff. You'll see me on television, too, and I'll make sure to send you many pictures―"