The Flight

Two Months Later...

          I got the hang of walking around the nest. As time grew, I learned more about my "parents." Camila is a upbeat, cheery macaw and Luis is a little grumpy. They are complete opposites. Camila said that there aren't a lot of macaws left and they were their only options.
            My feathers grew and started to flutter around the nest. Luis would always come back with some fruit or a small, dead animal.
            One day he came back with a smaller portion and said,"You have to learn how to fly so that you can get better food."
          I chirped back,"Ok."
      This was it! I was going to learn how to fly! I stepped over the nest and saw. How high I was up. I then saw a nearby tree with a branch reaching out towards the tree I was on.
       I walk across the branch, careful not to fall into the basin of the rainforest. When I got to the edge of the branch I spread my wings and took a deep breath. I jumped towards the branch and flapped my wings. I missed the branch! I plummeted to my second death. I closed my eyes and flapped with my might. When I opened them I was an inch from the ground. I was flying! I flapped my wings as the ground became smaller and all I could feel was the wind go past my face. I've never felt so free in my life. There was nothing that can be in my way. I didn't have to be in a bed all day. I could go anywhere I wanted to go.
            After flying for awhile I saw Luis come back to the nest. I flew back.
          "Look who's a early bloomer."
          "Surprise! Do you know where Asha is?"
           "She went to get food near the Amazon river. Why?"
          "I want to show her that I learned to fly!"
           "Why would she care?" He said in a grumpy tone.
         "She seems the kind of bird to be surprised from everything."
         "True. True."

         When I found the Amazon river, I flew around a bit to find Camila. When I saw here vivid colors I flew down and said,"Surprise!"
             "Oh my god! You learned to fly! Why can't I be around you when you learn to do things like that?"
             "Sorry."
             "It's fine."
            "Do you want to go back to the nest?"
            "No I got to find food. Wanna help?"
            Rest of the day we went around and found fruit and Camila showed me a few tips how to hunt.
            On the way to the nest, I saw macaw my age having trouble getting fruit off of the tree. I flew over and helped him. After I got it he said,"Thanks!"
             "No problem."
          "What is your name?"
         "Guacamayo. What's yours?"
             "Nicolás. Where are you from?"
        "Just a few trees from here. Sorry I got to go. My mom and dad are expecting me to come home."