The Basin

I traveled by myself from then on. Camila taught me how to hunt and how to find the best sleeping place. During the day I would meet Nicolás at the same tree every day. We would talk about our family, hunting, etc. One time we met and started our usual conversation. That's when I told him this.
            "I have never told anyone this, but I was a human."
             He snorted,"Hahahaha! That is the funniest joke you have ever told me!"
            "No I'm serious! I was a human then I died and reincarnated into a macaw."
            "Your serious. Oh my god!"
    "It seems I'm the only one that remembers there past life if we are all reincarnated."
           "This is unbelievable!"
     "Listen to me. Do tell anyone this. They'll think I'm crazy!"
           "Ok."
       I told him about my past life and how I grew up in a hospital bed my whole life.
           "Wow! That must've been terrible! It's like being chained down for my whole life."
           "It was exactly like that!"
            He yawned,"Time to hit the hey. G'night!"
            "Night!"

        The next day was the same. Me and Nicolás met each other and talked.
               "Hey!"he said.
               "What do you want to do?"
               "Want to go hunt?"
               "Nah. How about something else?"
              "Do you want to go fly?"
              "Sure!"
        We flew around a bit and I said, "Let's go lower to the ground."
             "What?! Are you crazy? It's one of the forest laws!"
             I stopped and said," Forest laws?!"
            "There are forest laws to tell what to do and not to do!"
            "That's stupid!"
             "That's what I thought!"
            "Come on! It'll be fun!"
              "Ok....."he said.
         We flew to the the basin of the forest and when we got there I saw life. There were colors everywhere! It was beautiful! I saw an orange dart frog. A glorious bird with long tail feathers, covered with blue.
"It's beautiful!"I chirped, speechless.
"Wow..."Nicolás said.
We took in the view and then we flew down to take a breather.
"Why would a 'jungle law' keep us from this beautiful place? It's amazing!"
"I have no idea."
"Who makes them?"
"The Silverback"
"Who's that?"
"He is the unofficial leader of the forest. He keeps everything in its place in life."
As he talked I all of a sudden felt like we were being watched. Of course there were all the animals around us, but I felt this creepy sensation that fluffed my feathers.
I look around I a saw two yellow eyes attacked to a cat-like body with black spots covering the yellow underneath it. The jaguar was creeping slowly towards us, ready to pounce!
"Nicolás!" I said
"What?" He replied annoyed that I didn't listen to me.
"Jaguar!"
He looked around and screeched! Me and him flew off of the ground just before the carnivore snapped its jaws around our feathers.
"I still wonder why there are those stupid forest laws!" I said in a questioned voice.
Nicolás played with my joke. "Me too! We should go down there again!"
Nicolás and I shared a laugh.
"See you tomorrow!" I said.
"Bye!"