The Silverback

As time grew, Nic and I became better friends. I started calling him Nic. He doesn't care. We never went to the basin again, but we still met up every day.
      One day we met up,"Hey!" I said.
                        "Hey!"
           "Want to go hunting?"
                    "Sure!"
       We went hunting for food and I caught a tiny bird and Nic was lazy and got a mango. Once we landed to start eating, we started talking about our day. I told him I visited my Mom and Dad and asked them about the jungle laws. That's when our conversation about jungle laws started. There are 3 jungle laws. The first one is to keep the balance in life by not eat all the animals in the world. The second is the one that I broke, don't go down to the basin if you weren't born in there. And the last but not least, do not talk to humans, but you can chirp or squeak or whatever you do as an animal.
           "That second law is dumb. I don't understand why the Silverback kept that amazing world away from us, and that law is so specific to big birds."
           "So your telling me that you don't care that we almost got eaten from a jaguar and want to go down there again?!"
               I ignored what he said,"Do you know where the Silverback lives?"
            "Down in the basin, but he is rarely seen."
           "Guess what?"
           "We are going to go down in the basin to find to Silverback and most likely die."
           "Yes. Besides the dying part."
          "Ok let's get this over with,"Nic said with a sigh.
           We flew under the trees a scanned the ground.
          "What kind of animal is the Silverback?" I said
          "A gorilla"
      We kept scanning then we decided to split up and if we can find him in 10 minutes then go to the tree we meet at.
       I kept scanning after 5 minutes then I saw a silver-black blob moving I lower to the ground and I said,"Are you the Silverback?"
              "Your not suppose to be here."
   "I've been looking for you!"
              "Why?"
    "Want to ask you about these 'jungle laws' and why you made them. We should have the freedom to go wherever we want to."
              "I made them to keep the balance in life and to keep your kind alive. The macaws are lowering in population each day and I want to save them. Now shoo. Your not suppose to be here."
         "Fine, control freak!"I said before I flew away in anger. He doesn't have the right to tell us what to do.
         Once I met up with Nic I told him about how I met up with the Silverback.
           "Wow! You found him!? I can't believe it! I would give anything to see the almighty Silverback!" This is what I love about him. He's surprised and cute with everything he says. He always has this twinkle in his eyes that lights up his face. It makes me love him more everyday.
           We talked about the Silverback and jungle laws some more until it got late.
      "See you tomorrow!"
          Bye, Nic!
                   To be continued.....