Chapter Five

Lacey's POV:
-Somewhere in London

I stared out of the window the entirety of the ride. neither of the boys spoke a word so it was a bit awkward. However I did notice Eggsy looking back at me a few times from the drivers seat. We pulled up to this very nice house and Harry and Eggsy got out of the car.
"Stay here Lacey, we'll be right back." I nodded my head as they walked up to the front door, they didn't knock they just stood there. They came back and Eggsy quickly drove away.
"well, is that the guy?" I asked, trying to break the awkward silence. Neither of them said anything until Harry coughed a little and then spoke up.
"No. It was a trap. Whoever is doing this knows you're under our protection and wanted us to come here to find them. Eggsy spotted the trigger bomb atop of the door, if we had opened it we would've died." I sat there in shock. suddenly this has turned real for me. Someone actually wants to take me. Though it still didn't make sense, and I couldn't really understand it, I felt scared. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes but I didn't cry, I couldn't now. I didn't say anything and looked out the window as I was before. Suddenly I felt a hand grasp mine and looked at Harry. He was rubbing his thumb over mine and looked me in the eyes. "We're going to find them and nothing is going to happen to you Lacey, you have my word." I chuckled at how fancy he talked, I just wasn't used to it.
"Is that the same thing as a promise?" Harry laughed and nodded his head. "Just promise me then Harry." He placed his other hand over my one and moved his face closer to mine.
"I promise you Lacey." I smiled and felt something. I wasn't sure what exactly it was but there was for sure a moment. I wanted to kiss him, but I didn't. I swear I could've stared at his face all day but Eggsy sped up the car and turned a sharp corner, causing me to hit the window and fall out of Harry's grip. I'm no idiot, I knew Eggsy liked me and was jealous, not that there's anything to be jealous about but I could tell. However I couldn't tell if Harry liked me. I liked him, I thought I liked him. I wasn't sure, not yet anyway. But I did know that he made me feel safe.

a/n- sorry it took me almost a week to get out such a short chapter! i swear the next one will be better haha!!