1 | A Message

"She could fight, she could die, if it meant defending those who cannot defend themselves."

■ ■ ■

City of Megaera
Kingdom of Vianerhia

The Grounds of the Council

□ □ □

"Oh, good gods!" Councilman Gorevale exclaimed, throwing both his arms in the air as he paced back and forth in front of the grand table, where all of the members of the council were seated. His chest moved quickly as he heaved deep breaths, panicking as he continued with his pace.

The Council is a group that aims to keep peace and safety within the whole realm and its seven kingdoms: Sylvaine, Hjordis, Jeodovion, Eclasia, Vasier, Pruinae, and Vianerhia.

The group consisted of young elementals, each representing their families and the councilmen, who served as the young elementals' advisers.

The elementals who belong to the council were those that were capable of tending to their responsibilities. That being said, the kingdoms' heirs were usually out of the question and the next child often filled the spot. Unless, of course, there was no one else to fill that spot in.

Councilwoman Viron rolled her eyes, growing tired of Gorevale's panicking. "Would you stop whining, Gorevale? Pacing would do no good, take your seat at once." She orders, her voice full of authority.

Fortunately for everyone, Gorevale finally stopped and slowly sank down on his seat. Viron gave him a pointed look before speaking, "We have decided to summon all of you because of a very important reason."

"And that is?" Ozzen, an air elemental, asked, his brows raising with curiosity.

The Council rarely held emergency meetings as they were usually planned and scheduled. It was unlikely for the councilmen to summon the elementals out of the blue.

"What is so important that the three of you decided to disturb our slumbers? If I may inform you, we are still mortals despite having our powers. Sleeping is still a necessity." Zef, a fire elemental, voiced out, his voice clear with irritation.

Viron sighed. "The oracle has news,"

"That man is an oracle for a reason, Viron. He is responsible for receiving messages and prophecies from the gods." Vanadey, an earth elemental, deadpanned, voicing out the thoughts of her fellow elementals.

"Do you think we're not aware of that?" Gorevale retorted.

"The reason why we summoned all of you is not because of the mere fact that the oracle has received another message. The message came with an orb that seemed to hold an energy of some sort. Not to mention, the message itself is an important matter to be dealt with." He explained.

"How the hell did the oracle receive an orb? Did a god just hand it to him personally?"

"As if a god would be willing to come down here and personally give it to the guy. The orb somehow appeared during the oracle's slumber."

"Any idea of what this orb could be, then? It must be there for a reason," asked Freya, an ice elemental. "Whatever it is, the message received by the oracle and the orb that came with it could be a sign that the fate of the realm is at peril."

"The fate of the realm is indeed at peril." Councilman Vasselot finally spoke, after being quiet the whole time.

"So? What is this message you three are speaking of?" Zef asked, impatient. He was never the type of person to beat around the bush.