5 | Eleonor

Kingdom of Vasier
High Mountains of Eleonor

□ □ □

Zef and Zael were now standing by the docks of Vasier moments after getting off of the ship they rode from Vianerhia. The two are supposed to do their mission today and as much as Zef didn't want to be paired with Zael, he was not left with any choice. The decision was not his to be made.

Both men were modelling the cloaks they usually wore, the hoods covering their faces, hiding their identity from the people of Vasier.

Zef was impatient, scowling as they waited for the man whom they asked to bring them horses. The fact that he was with Zael was not helping causing his frown to grow deeper and deeper as guy beside him continued talking.

"Argh, I don't see the point in hiding our faces." Zael whined beside Zef.

"I bet these people would be thrilled if they found out I was in the same place as them." He continued, much to the fire elemental's annoyance.

"If you want to reveal yourself so badly then by all means, go ahead." Zef comments."Don't blame me if people mob you."

"Don't worry, I won't blame you." Zael says before he starts to pull his hood off, obviously not catching Zef's sarcasm.

Before the lightning elemental was able to completely take his hood off, the fire elemental raised his hand and swiftly hit the back of Zael's head.

"Idiot! I did not actually mean it!" The red head scolds Zael, who was rubbing his head.

"Then why did you tell me so?" The blond asks.

Zef did not respond and instead gave him a glare, mentally telling him to shut up. The lightning elemental simply ignored his glare as he was used to the way Zef acts.

"There he is!" Zael calls, waving at the man who was dragging two horses by their leash.

"Here you go, boys. My assistance would cost five pieces of silver." The man informed, holding his hand out as he waited for the payment of the two.

Zael gave the man the money, giving him a nod before he and Zef climbed up their horses.

"Lead the way." Zef said, motioning for Zael to go first. Between the two of them, Zael was more familiar with the place. He was, after all, raised in this kingdom.

Zael nodded, his horse taking off first, Zef following behind him as they both made their way towards the mountains of Eleonor.

□ □ □

"This is the farthest we can go riding our horses." Zael informed as they both came to a halt in front of a thick forest. The two elementals jumped off their horses before tying their leashes on a nearby tree.

"Are you sure the creature is in that forest?" Zael asked as he eyed the trees before him.

Zef nodded. "I can sense its energy. It's in there." The fire elemental told him before they entered the woods.

The two trekked the forest, making as little noise as possible to avoid scaring the whatever creature they were looking for. With every step that they took, the energy that Zef felt grew stronger—a sign that the fire creature is near.

There is a connection that exists between bearers of the same element. They can somehow feel when another is close. A fire elemental can feel the energy of creatures born with fire, a water elemental can feel those with water, and so on.

"We need to set up a trap." Zef told the blond behind him.

"I think I have a net in my bag." Zael informs. "How are we going to lure it in?"