Alexander Jacobski

I breathed in slowly. Today was the day. I tied up my work shoes and grabbed my jacket. This afternoon I was headed to my new job at Olympus Architecture, but in the morning I had my ten-year high school reunion. I walked through the door, locked it, and got into my car. It's a red Prius, and I cleaned and washed it especially for today. I wanted to show my old school-mates how well I was doing now, and I wanted to impress my new co-workers. It was a win-win situation.

As I parked in front of Goode High, I stepped out the car and straightened my tie. This reunion was important, because, hopefully, Annabeth Chase would be here. She was my crush from school, and I hadn't really gotten over her. She let me down harshly.

Flashback

"So, Annabeth, do you want to grab an ice cream with me, after school?" I asked, leaning against the locker next to my best friend and crush.

"Sorry, Alexander, but I'm busy."

"Okay." I said, and walked off. Then, suddenly, I realised she'd never actually said no, just that she was busy! She still might like me! I decided I would go to the ice cream place I'd been planning on taking her anyway, because they did the best Rocky Road ice cream I'd ever tasted. When I got there, to my surprise, I saw Annabeth! I walked over to her booth and sat down.

"Sorry but someone - oh, hi Alexander!" she said.

"Hey Annabeth, how are you?"

"I'm good. How about you?"

"I'm okay. Just wanted some ice cream." For some reason, I don't know what came over me, I leant forward and kissed her. She pushed me back and moved to the other side of the booth, then stood up.

"Why would you do that? I never said I liked you, let alone that you could kiss me! That's harassment!" Then a boy came up to her, holding two cups of ice cream and put a hand around her waist.

"Annabeth, what's up?"

"He," she said, with disgust, "tried to kiss me!" The boy's face turned very angry, but I tried to ignore it.

"Who are you?" I asked

"Percy Jackson. I'm in your class, Alexander Jacobski! And don't even think about touching Annabeth again!" Then he turned to her. "Come on, Wise Girl, let's go home." She nodded, tilted her face up and kissed him. I stormed out.

End of flashback

I had no doubt, at all, in my mind, that Percy had left her by now. He was worthless! And I would swoop in and heal her broken heart. That was my plan.

I walked into the office and ticked off my name. I glanced at the sheet and saw Annabeth's name was also ticked off. I mentally pumped my fist in the air. Then I walked through.

First, I bumped into some other people. Amy, who was now apparently an Olympic swimmer and had brought her wife Lillia, Jemima, who had married a millionaire, and Oscar, who played basketball professionally. I'd forgotten how sporty my school mates were. Then I saw her.

She was as beautiful as ever. She barely looked 25, let alone 28! Her golden curls were swept over one shoulder, and she was wearing a sea-green blouse, tucked into a pale grey skirt, and short heels. She wasn't wearing any makeup, and she was still stunning. I walked over to her, and smiled.

"Hey Annabeth!" I said.

"Hi - I'm really sorry, remind me of your name again?"

Mentally, I thought, 'what? How could she not remember me?' But, in reality, I said,
"Alexander Jacobski."