Anika Myas

I'm not going to lie, I was terrified.

I mean, the Greek Gods are real. They told us that the monsters are too, and so are demigods. Demigods. The children of gods and humans. Really powerful people who look just like us. They could literally be anyone, and you'd never be able to guess. Tell me that's not terrifying.

We still had to go to school, though. I pushed open the doors with my sister Stella latched onto my arm. I had tried to convince her that she'd be fine, but she didn't believe me. I walked her to her locker and waited for her to get her books.

"Hey, " I said softly, "do you want me to braid your hair?" She smiled weakly and I stood behind her, pulling the hairband from my wrist and fiddling with her hair. I started weaving the strands over and over and tied off the band as Stella grabbed her last books and started shoving them in her bag. Then I heard the stupid clacking of heels that only meant one person. "Hi Mia," I said, turning slowly.

"Hi Anika!" she answered, sickly sweet. "Do you know what I just found out?"

"Please! Do tell!" I snapped.

"I'm a demigod," she said, twirling her bleached blonde hair with her finger. Stella spun around, her eyes wide as she grabbed my wrist again. Mia smiled cruelly. "Daughter of Hera. Queen of the Gods. Guess that makes me more important than you!" She laughed.

"Seriously?" I glanced over my shoulder at a blonde-haired girl standing in the middle of the hallway. "As if," she deadpanned. "You really think the goddess of marriage has affairs with mortals? I wish she were that low. Honestly, that way I'd have even more reason to hate her."

"Don't talk to me that way!" Mia said, disgust on her face. "I am a demigod. Daughter of Hera."

The girl shook her head. "Sure. Okay. What's the name of the demigod camp then?"

"What?" She was trying to keep her cool, but the look in her eyes betrayed her panic. I pursed my lips trying to hold back my laughter. She so deserved it.

"You heard me."

"Uh... it's... Camp, uh... Demigod. Camp Demigod. But it's not like you'd know that."

The girl laughed. "Really? Camp Demigod? That's the best you could come up with? That's so wrong it's funny!"

"Do you know who you're talking to?" Mia shouted indignantly, her face turning bright pink as she stomped her feet. "I am the demigod daughter of the Queen of the Gods! I have power you mortals could only dream of! And you- you are just a nerdy little nobody who no one cares about! You are pathetic."

There was silence in the corridor for a minute, everyone expecting this girl to run away or start sobbing, but she did something else. She laughed. She laughed and laughed and kept laughing until she couldn't even breathe.

"See, other gods would smite you or hit you with a lightning bolt, " she said between breaths, "but I'm here, so of course Hera decides it's my problem." She glared up at the sky, "Thank you, your bovine majesty!"

"What's happening?" Stella whispered to me. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Honestly, who do you think you are?" Mia asked, her nose wrinkled with disgust again.

"My name is Annabeth, " the girl said, her smile growing wider. "Daughter of Athena. Savior and architect of Olympus. I sailed the sea of monsters and held the sky. I've been to Hades and back and I've been to Tartarus! I am not the pathetic one here. You know nothing of what any demigod has gone through. If you did, you'd be glad you were mortal." She stepped forward and it felt threatening, despite the genuine smile on her face.

"And if I were you, I'd take my advice. Stop pretending. No one cares how high your heels are, or how much makeup you wear. No one remembers how many boys you dated or how low cut your prom dress was. They remember how you made them feel. And they won't love you for it. They will hate you, and it will be your fault. So stop." She spun on her heel and walked away, smiling at a raven-haired boy standing by the door, twirling a pen between his fingers. They walked out and left the room trapped in silence. Suddenly, everyone burst out laughing, and Mia's cheeks went red. She kept opening her mouth and closing it like she was trying to work out what to say, but no sound was coming out anymore.

"My advice?" I whispered to her as Stella and I walked past, "Try nice."

A/N sorry for the hiatus - and that it's so short! If anyone has any ideas or requests please please please send them to me because I'm running low! Also thanks for 2k! Love you guys