Chapter 16

" GIO POV "

For a brief second, as I watched Chloe walk up the aisle in her white lace wedding dress, I’d wished this marriage was real.

Grace had wiped away a tear, leaning on Jacob’s shoulder.

Chloe’s grandmother had looked so proud and so happy that it nearly made me choke up.

My mother would have cried at the wedding too.

She would have also welcomed Chloe into the family with open arms, the same way she’d welcomed Grace.

She’d had a big heart, my mother, and I missed her terribly.

I was being foolish.

Chloe and I barely knew each other.

Our marriage was one of convenience.

I’d needed a way to turn Athena down gracefully and get De Luca Towers built, and Chloe needed to save her grandmother’s home.

That was the only reason we were together.

The fact that the chemistry between us was explosive?

Oh God, the sex.

The way she’d let me tie her down, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.

The way she sighed my name when I touched her.

The way she caught her breath when my fingers found her clitoris.

She’d been so responsive, so perfect.

She’d parted her legs when I pushed her back on the bed.

She’d let me tie her up and take her ass. Gio, she’d begged. Please.

I’d felt like a fucking Emperor when she let go of her tightly held control.

When she trusted me to please her and pleasure her, spank her and take her hard, fast, deep…

Fuck. My dick stirred at the direction, my thoughts were going.

Next to me, Chloe sighed in her sleep and snuggled into me, and without really being aware of it, I tucked my arm around her body and pulled her close.

Shit. What was I doing? Were we cuddling? I didn’t cuddle, damn it.

Was I actually nuzzling her neck, inhaling her clean scent, resting my cheek against her skin?

Were we spooning?

Last month, I would have laughed at the idea of Christian Giovanni De Luca spooning.

Now, I held her tight, and I didn’t want to let go.

Damn it. I was blurring the line between us.

I was playing with fire.

I needed to remember that when it came to fire, someone would always get burned.

Hope u like it
Please do not report
Vote please
Enjoy