Epilogue [3/3]

"Well, look at you, pretty girl," Louis gasps as he walks down the stairs, Beverly wearing a new dress and two bows in her hair. "I feel like I'm forgetting something special happening today..."

"It's the first day of school!" Beverly reminds him, the five year old giving Louis a pout.

"Yeah, duh, Daddy," Harry says, rolling his eyes. Louis sticks his tongue out at Harry before scooping Adalyn up off the floor, the two year old squealing.

"And hello, peanut!" Louis greets, peppering her face with kisses and making the tiny girl squeal. "You're not going to school today, nuh-uh. You're staying home with Papa and Daddy today, yeah? You get Papa and Daddy all to yourself, lucky girl!"

"Okay, now where's my kiss?" Harry asks. Louis laughs, setting Adalyn back down before walking over to Harry. He grabs him and dips him, making Harry squeak and laugh, and then kisses him.

"Good morning, beautiful," Louis mumbles against Harry's lips, standing him upright. "You're looking stunning as always."

"Little ol' me?" Harry gasps, and Louis smiles fondly. He swears Harry gets more and more beautiful everyday.

"Is it time to leave yet?" Beverly asks from where she's standing by the door. Louis and Harry look at each other and laugh.

"Sure, baby, we can leave now," Louis says. "I feel like I should be hurt you want to get away from me and Papa so badly."

"Sometimes a girl needs a break," Beverly shrugs. Louis gapes at her while Harry covers his mouth, trying not to laugh too hard.

"Okay, Bev, pep talk," Louis and Harry are both squatting down, eye-level with Beverly. Harry's holding Adalyn by her hips in between his legs. "I know it's scary in there, there's a lot of people and a lot of things you don't know. But you're the coolest kid here, I know that for a fact. You are smart and wonderful and you can do anything, including going in there and being absolutely amazing."

Beverly nods, a very serious look on her face. "How do you feel, honey?" Harry asks gently. Beverly purses her lips like she's thinking.

"I think I'll be okay, Papa," Beverly says. Harry's face softens, his eyes shiny.

"Okay, pumpkin," Louis says, holding his arms out for a hug. Beverly runs into his arms, clinging onto him with her little arms wrapped around his neck. Louis kisses her cheek. "Be good."

"I will, Daddy," Beverly nods. Louis and Harry switch, with Louis grabbing Adalyn and keeping her close (she likes to run off) and Harry hugging Beverly.

"I'll miss you, Beverly Rue," Harry sniffles. He can't help it, he's spent everyday of Beverly's life at home with her. Now she's leaving him. It's not fair. He just wants her and Adalyn to stay little forever.

"I'll miss you too, Papa," Beverly says into Harry's shoulder. "Make sure Adalyn doesn't eat all of the Oreos."

Harry can't help but laugh. "I will, baby, don't worry," Beverly pulls back from him, and Harry sticks his pinky up. "Pinky promise you'll be the best Beverly you can be?"

"I promise, Papa," Beverly nods, very serious as she links her pinky to Harry's. "I go inside alone, it's okay."

"Are you sure?" Louis asks.

"I'm a big girl!" Beverly reminds. Louis' worries expression melts into a fond one.

"You are," Louis agrees. "Okay, baby. Papa and I will pick you up later. Have fun, be kind. Love you."