14, knj

Namjoon knew almost nothing about mechanics and technology.

So when Taehyung and Tata started taking apart Tata's device and talking about it in hushed voices, Namjoon left them to it.

He met Yoongi in the kitchen.

Yoongi raised an eyebrow to acknowledge Namjoon's presence, and continued dumping all their chocolate chip cookies into the garbage.

"Yoongi, what are you doing?"

Yoongi didn't look up. "Shooky'll show up soon. I don't want him thinking we eat his kind."

"But... we do eat his kind."

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him."

"And what if he's in one of those boxes you've emptied?"

"I've already checked. He's not there. And if I did dump him, I'd go dumpster diving to save him."

Namjoon left Yoongi to his mission to rid the kitchen of cookies. He bumped into Jin.

Figuring that Jin was more aware of what was going on than he was, he asked, "Where's Hoseok, Jungkook, and Jimin?"

Jin started counting on his fingers. "Jimin has joined Taehyung in his attempts to help Tata, Hoseok is probably babying Mang right now, and Jungkook is practicing boxing in his room."

Namjoon's brow furrowed. "Boxing? Why?"

"He doesn't wanna get beat up by Cooky when the time comes," Jin said with a grin.

"Do you think this will all work out?" Namjoon asked. "Can we get all of the characters back together and send them back to their planet without getting caught?"

"I don't want to jinx it," said Jin, "so I'm gonna say no. But you should be a bit more optimistic, Joon. When have we ever failed to do something as important as this? Wait — don't answer that."

Namjoon smiled. "You always know how to change the mood, Jin hyung."

"That's only one of my many special qualities, Namjoon. I thought you knew that by now."