Chapter 1

Baekhyun wasn't normal, he loved to inflict pain on himself since it was really the only thing he knew. Baekhyun was beaten by his father up to the age of sixteen when the abusive man finally decided to leave.

The abuse not only did damage to Baekhyun's body but his mind as well. It drove the teenager crazy. His mother never had the money to get him proper help, so he was stuck. Stuck as a maniac who loved pain.

When he'd finally graduated high school he only had one friend, one person that didn't care about his mental state. That person was his best friend, Do Kyungsoo. They've been close since freshman year. But of course, Kyungsoo was fairly popular because of his participation in theater.

Kyungsoo was also very close to the soccer captain, but Baekhyun never strained himself to find out the boy's name. The two of them lived together currently, Baekhyun hadn't gone to college. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to stand another four years with the same judgment.

Luckily, Kyungsoo did and managed to drag Baekhyun into living with him. Of course the other had no problem with that. Baekhyun found a decent job at a cafe, although it was a major temptation to just pour the scalding hot water on his hand each time he made tea for a customer.

One day, Baekhyun came home and wasn't met with Kyungsoo's quiet rambling. The older usually got home before Baekhyun and went to practice his lines for an upcoming play he stared in. But today it was different, Baekhyun was met with silence.

It put him on edge a little but he just brushed it off, at least one positive thing came from Kyungsoo not being there. Baekhyun was able to do all the harm to himself he wanted.

Since Kyungsoo did indeed know about Baekhyun's little problem, he watched over the twenty-one-year-old like a hawk. Kyungsoo was like a father for Baekhyun, which was odd since Baekhyun's own father hadn't been the best person ever.

Kyungsoo hid all the dangerous things in the house just in case Baekhyun tried to be sneaky, but sadly, Baekhyun figured out where everything was just yesterday.

He walked into Kyungsoo's room and searched the man's bottom shelf, he had several desks and dressers in his room, which made it confusing for Baekhyun. He was so thankful Kyungsoo made him do laundry or else he wouldn't have found it.

The trusty butterfly knife that brought him through high school. It was so precious Baekhyun felt calmer holding it once again. Baekhyun held the knife against its usual spot, his wrist.

Baekhyun wasn't suicidal though, he just really enjoyed pain. The butterfly knife had a nice grip as always and Baekhyun found himself in awe over his old weapon.

He inflicted a small cut that bleeds profusely, he knew the small cuts would cause the most blood and took the longest to heal. If it were a normal knife, however, that wouldn't be the case. Which is why he liked his butterfly knife so much.

Baekhyun cut a few more slits when he suddenly heard the lock to the front door being undone, he cursed under his breath. It was gonna be bad if Kyungsoo found him with the knife, even worse if he saw the slits on his arm.

Baekhyun panicked, he wanted to put the knife back but it was covered in blood, along with his arm. He looked around anxiously and decided to just run to his room. But of course, he bumped into Kyungsoo as soon as he opened the door.

Kyungsoo was accompanied by a young man Baekhyun had never seen before, he was really short. Like as short as Kyungsoo if not smaller. The man had cat-like eyes and curly black hair unlike Baekhyun's messy main.

Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun suspiciously causing the other to shy away and hide his arm behind his back. "Oh hey, Kyungsoo, where were you? Is it possible that I made it back before you? That's bragging points right there." Baekhyun said with a nervous laugh.