Chapter 3

Baekhyun descended down the alleyway. He always used this as a shortcut, but usually, it was still daylight outside. Walking through his little shortcut now felt like he was in a horror movie and was walking towards danger.

When Baekhyun turned the corner he saw a light post flicker, he jumped slightly but nevertheless kept walking. The quicker he got home the better. His shortcut didn't seem so short anymore, he seemed to have gotten lost because of his own fear.

Now he was surrounded by a bunch of tall walls and endless alleyways that led to nowhere. "Damnit, took a wrong turn." Baekhyun said under his breath. A wrong turn was an easy problem to fix, right? Just go back and turn the right way. It would be that easy, if only he knew where he took the wrong turn.

Baekhyun had been walking in this unfamiliar alley for some time now and he was just now realizing it. He cursed once again and continued walking, trying to find a way out of this endless alley that led to more corners that led to more alleys.

Baekhyun was starting to get dizzy, he was tired and it was late. He just wanted to go home. It was around midnight and he was still lost, he'd left Minseok's side at ten. Baekhyun got really mad when he turned another corner just to be met with a long alley.

"Goddamnit! When's this thing gonna end?!" he yelled, Baekhyun went silent and froze when he heard a low growl. He turned around slowly and saw a dark figure behind him. Baekhyun's eyes widened as he stared at the being.

No...No it was too early! He's only supposed to be here on that day! Not now! Baekhyun wasn't ready!

The figure took a step closer and Baekhyun backed away, his breathing was heavy and uncontrollable. He had to get out of here, and quick. Baekhyun sprinted in the opposite direction, looking back from time to time making sure the figure wasn't following him. But sure enough, it was.

Baekhyun picked up his pace and ran faster, he came to another turn but because he was running so fast he ended up crashing into the wall. Baekhyun quickly pushed himself off the wall and continued running, light posts around him flickered on and off, making it hard for him to see.

He tripped on his own feet but caught himself before he fell, Baekhyun was running out of options here and the figure seemed to be getting closer.

"MINSEOK!" Baekhyun yelled, the figure got in arms range and tried to reach for Baekhyun. His eyes widened and he took a sharp turn, dodging the possible deathly embrace. Baekhyun's pace improved by ten after that so did his yelling.

"MINSEOK!" he yelled once again, he knew the older probably wouldn't hear him since it was midnight. Baekhyun didn't even know if he was close to Minseok's apartment anymore but he had to keep hoping

Baekhyun pushed down a trash-can behind him in an attempt to slow down the figure a bit, it worked and he got a gap of distance between them. He smiled in relief when he saw a familiar graffiti mark on the wall of an alley.

He'd found his shortcut. Baekhyun ran right out of the alley and down the other street. He searched endlessly for the building Minseok went into. When he found it he ran up the stairs and banged on the door like his life depended on it. Which it did.

A sleepy Minseok opened the door with a yawn, "Baekhyun?" he asked sounding surprised, Baekhyun looked at him with wide terrified eyes. He pulled the older into a tight hug and gripped at his tank top. "Minseok he's back, he's back! It's early. He's not supposed to be here!" Baekhyun yelled his voice raspy and shaking with fear.

Minseok wrapped his arms around Baekhyun, "What are you talking about? Who's back?"

"My father!"