Dark Oblivion

Upadate like a boss. A very late boss. Tee Hee.

"I am selfish. I am brave."
― Veronica Roth, Divergent

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night I slept like a baby.

By which I mean, I slept for three hours before waking up shouting.

I felt like my mind was being ripped open, cut apart and brutally separated. I clutched my head and fell, I couldn't even feel the pain probably rushing up my legs from hitting the floor hard, because the pain in my head encompassed everything else.

When the pain suddenly stopped, I took a deep breath, cool air brushing my face from where tears had left trails. Then I heard the most beautiful sound.

Kiera?

I rushed to my feet, getting a head rush and grabbing hold of the first thing my hands could touch-the bed post-and looked around me. I heard him.

I know I did.

I heard him.

"Kiel," I whispered.

I heard a chuckle that echoed in my head. I frowned. That's not normal.

Kiera.

I heard it again!

I pressed my hands to my hips.

"Okay, this is not funny." I muttered, looking around me. I most definitely heard him.

In your head.

I groaned. I was losing my mind. My mind was officially lost. I was hearing him in my head.

"No, you're not losing your mind."

I gasped and whirled around to see Kiel and Jet standing on the other side of the bed. My jaw swept the floor. Kiel was in a black shirt, black cargo and boots. Oh, drool. His cape trailed behind him, black and foreboding, adding to his dangerous appeal.

"Am I hallucinating?" I whispered, but before anyone could reply, the door behind me busted open and Greg (with a big-ass gun in his hand) and Helen (with a frying pan) stalked into my room.

Okay, so clearly I had some explaining to do. But before I could open my mouth, Kiel's back was in front of me and he was making a low growling noise that raised the fine hairs at the back of my neck.

Huh. Didn't know that that could really happen.

"Um, guys-"

"Step away from her, son." Greg said and Helen just stood there, with her pan, glaring at both Jet and Kiel.

"Um-"

"Who are you?" Kiel growled.

I heard a click from Greg's gun and I knew he was getting ready to fire. Not good.

"Greg! This is Kiel!" I rushed out before anybody did something stupid and I just stood there saying um.

Greg lowered his gun and Helen lowered her...choice of weapon, a pleasant smile lighting up her face.

"Oh. Kiel. Hello." She said. But Greg still looked a little...scary.

Kiel turned to throw me a WTF expression and I shrugged and went, "Weeelll..."

"Let's all have a cup of tea." Helen said, turning around and heading down, with her night gown swishing behind her. Greg threw the boys in front of me a narrowed look before following his wife. I sighed and Kiel whipped around to capture my face in his palms.