Chapter 1-Lily

My first day at a new school, new area and no friends. Shit. I scrabbled on the duvet for my phone and jogged downstairs. My aunt had already left the house so it was up to me to drag my

lazy butt down to the bus stop and find my way to saint Peter and Matthew's secondary school.

I got on the bus and speed walked to the back, plonked myself down and started listening to my best playlist.

At my old school, i had quite a few close friends and was well liked by my whole year. Unfortunately I was shy, so shy I would look anywhere but into peoples eyes, which made it hard for people to get to know me.

As the bus carried on I noticed how all the girls looked the same, tall, curvy and with long flowing hair. I watched as they gathered in there little groups and gossiped and as all girls do, bitch.

I wanted to turn and run, they were all stunning with perfect make-up and there short skirts and tight blazers. I carried on gazing out the window until I noticed a group of boys making there way near to me.

'You new?' Asked a tall, muscular boy. Although that's how they all were.

'obviously' said another. They all had various piercings. God, if it wasn't eyebrow, it was lip rings and if it wasn't that it was there tongues.

Some even had tattoos and they were defiantly bad boys.

'Have you got a name?' Called a blonde boy with a quiff.

'Y-yes' I replied, burning holes into my feet.

'May we be honoured to discover it?' He joked, smirking at me.

Thank god the bus abruptly stopped and everyone started getting up and leaving.

'Lily, bye than' I yelled as I scuttled of the bus and towards the swarming school gates.

The bus wasn't the only place where the girls were beautiful and the boys all looked punk.

I wandered in through the doors, I silently thanked the school for strategically placing the office straight to the left.

I walked to the door and was greeted by someone who introduced themselves as Mrs Wilson, the deputy head.

She handed me a map of the school, a key for my assigned locker and a security pass suitable for year 10.

I was marched to a room named J.K Rowling, I was told all the rooms have a name linked with the subject taught in that room and a number, just to confuse us all.

My form room was close to the library and one of the English rooms. I walked in and 29 different faces turned to stare at me.

None of them looked happy.

authors note- this is my first book and please forgive and mistakes! Hope you enjoy and like and comment!

~Lucy x