Chapter 2- Lily

I bit my lip and awkwardly walked to in the door.

'Im lily.'

Fuck, this is awkward, 'I'm lily' how dumb.

'Im new.'

As I said this the teacher looked up and gave me a look very similar to the rest of the class.

'Well, I'm lily I'm new, take any seat you want, you need to go to first period in 10 minutes so I'd find a buddy to take you to class.' The teacher said, she looked bored and even though she would never admit to it, if looks could kill, I'd be tucked up nice and snug in my coffin.

That's the death wish, 'find a buddy' in a class full of people who I don't know and seem to dislike me.

I walked to the back of the class and chose a corner seat. The girl next to leaned over a said ' listen, no ones gonna be your buddy, I found out the hard way, so I suggest when I get up and leave, just follow, but not too close, we're not friends.'

I didn't know whether to be thankful or insulted. But none the less, I planned to do as she had said.

I sat and listened to the usual notices, detentions, assembly's and room changes. Everyone was messing with paper airplanes and passing notes, this went on unnoticed by the teacher.

'Right, you may leave.' The teacher acted as though this was an option. To these kids they probably thought it was.

There were a scraping of chairs as everyone got up and gathered into their own little clichés to leave the form room , I fell into step with the girl from earlier.

We dodged down the corridors and marched on until we reached a large lab room. chemistry, I thought to myself. The pink haired girl that sat next to me earlier turned and peered around, as though looking for something or someone. She caught my eye and I mouthed a quick thank you, she nodded curtly and turned back to her friends.

Chemistry was a bore, all I got was a new exercise book and textbook. We were told to make notes as he wrote equations and ideas on the board. It was my GCSE year and I really wanted to do well.

My peers thought otherwise. The boy and girl on either side of me didn't take a single note. Oh well, it's not like I fit in here, I might well focus on my studies and hope to god no one bothers me.

As everyone scattered of for break, I was left to wander down the corridors.

Somehow I ended up in a quite outside area of the school. It was a small gravel area and there was a cosy bench covered by ivy and leaves.

I sat down and got out my phone. I checked the usual social media, nothing new, so I started listening to my music again.

Soon enough a large group of girls and boys sat on the other bench. They were all talking and laughing. Although there was a certain, brown ombre haired girl, she cracked most of the jokes, got most of the laughs and every one seemed to look up to her. Aha, I think I've stumbled upon the queen bee of the school.

She suddenly snapped her head up. She was looking at me. shit, I'd been sitting there, staring at her and now we were in some kind of staring competition. Even from here I could see her messy mascara, yet perfect eyeliner.

She smirked and said something to the rest of the group. They all looked over at me. Then it started, the yelling, the insults and the jokes.

'Who do you think you are?'

'God are you a nun or something, you look like it!'

'Oi, what you looking at'

'Fuck off man, you're a nobody, scram'

'Everyone shut up, listen kid, just leave' said the queen bee.

I sighed and got up but as I left I could still here them.

'Yeah, just leave'

Whoever that girl was obviously called the shots, but then again she wasn't like the others, but I couldn't tell why.

***AUTHORS NOTE*****

Sorry for mistakes! This was quite a long chapter and I hope you enjoy it!

~Lucy xxx