Chapter 3

A/N: I am so sorry. I thought I posted this ages ago. If it makes it any better it's a super long chapter and the next one is ready to post so only a minor delay. 

***

The next day you stood in front of the Hawkeye International building and shielded your eyes as you gazed up at it. You'd been here before with Wanda, but this was the first time visiting on your own. Taking a deep breath, you steeled your nerves and stepped through the door. After giving your eyes a minute to adjust, you made your way to the front desk to get a visitor's badge.

Once you showed your ID, the rest of the process was hassle free as you were on the permanent access list. Clint had seen to that after the third time you'd shown up with Wanda unexpectedly and they'd had to track him down to get permission for you to visit. You smiled at the memory as you clipped the badge they gave you to your clothes. Clint had gone off on an absolute tirade. It had been clear that he understood the need for security but didn't care for the process behind it much.

According to Wanda, her dad was still very much the soldier with an idea and some well-connected friends, as opposed to the typical CEO. Clint Barton had served in the special forces and had been a member of the US archery team. His brilliant mind had combined the two into a business. His company specialized in survival gear. A collapsible bow had been their first product and from there they'd just continued to grow.

You also knew that Hawkeye had combined with Stark Industries to create a line of prosthetics aimed at soldiers and athletes that would enable them to continue to do the things they thought they would no longer be able to. That was due to Bucky Barnes, whom had served with Clint and lost an arm. Wanda said he did everything with his new arm he could do with the old. Sometimes more.

Lost in your thoughts, you arrived at the top floor quickly and had to reach out a hand to stop the door from closing on you. You shook your head and walked down the hall to Clint's office. You'd been awake half the night going over everything you knew about Clint and his company. He had to be offering you a job, right? Why else would he want to see you? Of course, if you didn't have a giant crush on the man in question, you probably wouldn't be so nervous.

His assistant Wade ran his eyes over you as you approached and gave you a tight smile when you stopped in front of his desk. "Can I help you?" It didn't matter how many times you came here, this man never remembered you.

"Y/N Y/L/N. I'm here to see Clint Barton." Of course, you are. This is his office. Damn it, Y/N. Get yourself together. "He's expecting me."

He blinked and kept that fake smile plastered to his face. "I am aware." He picked up his phone and pressed a button, keeping his eyes locked on you the entire time. "Boss, your guest is here. Yes, sir. Yes, sir. Yes, sir."

The yes, sirs continued as the office door opened. Clint looked between you and Wade with a frown. "Wade. I'm not even on the phone anymore. What the hell are you doing?"

He hung up the phone and laced his fingers together while keeping that stupid expression on his face. "Nothing, boss."

You bit your lip to keep from laughing as Clint closed his eyes and shook his head. "Go to lunch, Wade."

"It's only 11:00."

"Lunch, Wilson." Clint's voice was little more than a growl.

"I think I'll just go to lunch."

You and Clint watched Wade disappear down the hall. When you turned back toward him, you found Clint fighting a grin. He stepped back and opened the door wide. "Come on in, sweetheart."

Your cheeks heated with the endearment which was stupid but you couldn't help it apparently. He closed the office door behind you and steered you to a chair with a hand on your back. His thumb rubbed lightly back and forth which only served to make your face heat more. Once you were both settled in your seats, Clint laced his hands together on his desk and looked you over.