Ch. 26 Prepare for Blood

A little serious note:

Please do not beg for an event to happen. It will either come in due time or I will write what you want in a different way. I will not write exactly what you want to happen because:

1. It ruins other readers' experience if they see the suggestion in the comments because it's like a spoiler.

2. It kinda sucks the creative motivation out of me.

Believe it or not, I read every single comment you guys give me and I respect and love your words for my story. Some of my inspiration actually comes from the comments, so it's not like I'm totally closed to suggestions or ignore you guys. Just don't ask for me to write this or that because it won't happen. I make sure every single detail I write is good enough for my readers.

I hope that didn't kill the mood before reading this next update. Thank you for understanding and enjoy the next chapter :D

(PS. You may have noticed that I updated Ch. 25 before uploading this new chapter. All I edited was more description of the dark forest scene in the beginning and Yeonjun's injuries)

Alright, let's begin!! :D

"Taehyun-ah! Incoming projectiles!"

The energy cannons on the ground started mercilessly shooting up at the red-tailed hawk at the Sky Master's command. The trainee just had to get from one end of the trail to the other, while dodging the bullets from below, of course. What made it harder was that it was nighttime, so this was especially training his hearing.

Jungkook started his stopwatch and watched with scrutinizing eyes the hawk's zigzag flight pattern. When it finished the trail without getting shot under 30 seconds, he recorded the time with a proud smile. Of course, he expected no less from his Ace Junior.

Taehyun, the young Red-Tailed Hawk Shifter, flew down and shifted back. He was panting heavily from the exertion of the fast-flying but his large eyes were glowing brightly at his achievement.

 He was panting heavily from the exertion of the fast-flying but his large eyes were glowing brightly at his achievement

Jungkook threw him a water bottle, "Nice job, Taehyunie. Take a 10-minute break."

The boy chugged down half of the water bottle before excitedly asking, "Can I race you after then?"

The Master chuckled, ruffling his Junior's hair. Jungkook being the fastest and strongest flyer was always challenged, but no one challenges him as much as Taehyun who's determined to surpass him. "Fine, you can try, kiddo."

"I'll beat you one day, I swear. I'm getting a second closer each week, you know."

"Yes, I bet you are, Taehyunie." He ruffled the shorter boy's hair affectionately.

Like the other Ace Juniors and Master pairs, these two were really close friends. Since Jungkook was the Maknae of the Masters, it was nice to have someone younger to act like the older brother figure to.