Ch. 43 Curse of Death

HIIIIII I'M BAAACK!!

I'M SO SORRY FOR BEING AWAY FOR TWO WHOLE MONTHS AGGHHH 😭😭😭

I haven't been active at all until now but trust me, I've read all your comments and I want to thank you guys so much for still sticking around and supporting me by re-reading OMG!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

I'm in my third year of college so please understand when I say I've been busy with hella schoolwork and club responsibilities. I haven't had much time to sit and think about how I wanted the story to continue, but THANK ARIEL I sat down a few times to finish this chapter bit by bit.

That's why I gift to you a looong chapter that I had to split in half cuz it was getting too long lol

RECAP:

-Yeonjun and Yeji were sent to cast bad luck spells with their Gifts as Shifters onto the workers at Emerald Building to see if they could catch them slipping any information to allow Jimin and Beomgyu to move forward in their investigation of Emerald Tech, Chaeyoung's family corporation. 

-Yeonjun and Yeji stuck around the outside of the building which is surrounded by alleyways that is like a maze.

That's where we left off... let's see what happened to them...

******

Everywhere Yeji turned, she saw a gray cement wall that made every corner she turned identical to the last. As her soft cat paws silently ran blindly around the maze of alleyways, she wondered if it would be safer if she ran as a human or a cat.

Which one would be less suspicious if she were to be caught by her pursuer? The tingling in her spine told her that the human was still near but slowing down. The peaks of shadows from the walls weren't dark enough to hide her, so she continued to turn in random directions to lose the man. But as much as she needed to make it hard for the man to find her, it could also make it hard for Yeonjun to find her.

Her only option was a double-edged sword.

Yeonjun... where are you?

Yeji was met by silence which jerked tears of regret and fear. Regret because they haven't trained together long enough to bond in order to Soul Jump to communicate. Fear because she didn't know if her partner was safe or not.

During her panic-crazed run, Yeji had lost track of time. It could've been an hour or five minutes ago, she didn't know, when they got separated... and it was all her fault...

~ Half an hour ago ~

It had only half an hour that passed when Beomgyu officially started following the cursed group. Yeojun and Yeji were moving places in case someone came back to check.

They didn't expect anyone to actually check around this maze that surrounded the Emerald Tech building. It was Yeonjun who sensed a presence first. He didn't tell her at first and subtly guided her in random directions until Yeji picked up on his uneasiness.

Yeonjun's hyper sense of hearing and smell as a Tasmanian Devil helped them keep a far distance between them and the suspecting human. And they were going to be fine...

Until the sound of a dog barking echoed aggressively through the air, so suddenly that it made the sensitive cat in Yeji screech very loudly.

Then there was no movement in the air, as if time itself had stopped after the sudden shock. No a wind, not a breath... not a step.