Ch. 39 Stolen Secrets

I have finally arrived with a new chapter for all of you who are bored out of your minds because of quarantine and online classes 😎

There is a LOT of information, with a lot of details that are in previous chapters that were BIG hints but were told very subtly! So if you're confused about which chapter that detail is from, comment and I'll help you out!

Happy day ___ of Quarantine!!

******

The sun rays peaked through the curtains on a Sunday afternoon. The warm brightness teased across the bedroom owner's face as her eyelids are still heavy with sleep. She shifted to avoid the light that she's not ready to see as she hung on to the edges of her sweet dream.

But when it inevitably disappeared, her eyelids begrudgingly opened up to be greeted by the mocking hands of her clock.

12:30 in the afternoon.

"Meh," Chaeyoung mumbled before digging herself further into her plush comforter. The sunlight was overpowering and almost inviting, but she wasn't fooled because if she stepped out the house door, she'll be caught in a swirl of icy cold wind which she was not all for.

Usually, she would scream if she accidentally slept in too late, being an active working person with days full of plans, she needed to get going at 6 o'clock in the morning.

But the princess allowed herself some lazy Sundays every once in a while. Yesterday, she spent a whole day with her rich friends doing rich people things, which was a massive shopping trip and penthouse party until 4am.

She mentally gave a thank you to her loving parents who let her sleep in.

But after an hour of snoozing and being on her phone, her stomach growled embarrassingly. "Fiiine, time to dress for the second half of the day."

After cleaning herself up and dressing in a simple outfit of jeans and a sweater, Chaeyoung went downstairs.

She was halfway down descending the stairs when she heard multiple voices in one of the living rooms, the one that was reserved for their staff. She was curious as to why they were having a gathering and quickened her steps.

However, when she arrived, she was surprised to see that it was only the security staff team. Standing still at the entrance of the living room, her eyes zeroed in on a new face.

Her father spotted her and everyone's attention went to the new arrival. "Ah, my daughter, perfect timing. I'm sorry for this sudden news, honey, but upon recent events that caused your mother and I to worry for your safety, we have assigned you a new personal bodyguard."

Chaeyong blinked... Who?! What?! Why?!

~Two Weeks Ago~

After the huge festive party to celebrate a victory against Apex Genesis, the BTS Shapeshifter organization relaxed into an official recovery period. It was still pretty busy though.

The hospital staff traveled from one floor to another to make sure all the patients got the right care for their injuries. Lessons have been put on hold for a week so that most won't be left behind. The healthier trainees put their focus on maintenance and resupplying their weapons instead, self-training here and there. Major missions were put on hold as well, only minor ones and emergencies were allowed to be approved.