Prologue

The sound of whispers and footsteps echo through the dark halls of the hybrid adoption center as the manager and co-manager discuss their problem

"Lisa, are you sure of this?" the manager asks

"I'm positive" his daughter replies

The silence is deafening. Only the sound of their footsteps can be heard.

After a few minutes, they pass through the door that leads to the front of the store where the hybrid accessories are sold.

Closing the door softly, the old man locks it.

he turns and asks for like the 800th time "are you sure?"

Lisa's eyes flash with anger (I actually have no idea what that means but it sounds cool) She slams her clipboard on to the desk and replies through bared teeth. "I. Am. Sure."

The manger runs his fingers through his snow-white hair "Maybe you can double-check, maybe-"

His sentence is cut off by his daughter's groan of frustration. "Father I have checked a million times! there are no more cages left and the next shipment of pets comes the day after tomorrow. so tomorrow evening we are putting down ever hybrid necessary to make room for the normal animals. pets people actually want"

"We can't... that's not.."

The young women waved away his protests with a laugh

"on the contrary, they are not considered human nor animal. I can do whatever i want with them"

She smirked wickedly

"and I will make sure the first to be put down are that energetic golden retriever, that strong bunny and that god damn calico cat that bite me"

The door slams shut behind her and the old man watches his only child walk off down the street.

Slowly he turns around and climbs up the stairs to his home above the store. his heart heaves with sadness, a tear or 2 falling down his cheek.

This would have been the tragic end for most of the hybrids in the store if the slam of Lisa's chipboard had not distracted one of the employees from leaving and caused her to hear the entire conversation.

Some hours later...

The annoying sound of your phone ringing wakes you up.

After rubbing your eyes, you look at your LED clock...

'Who could be calling at a quarter after two at night?'

You roll over onto your stomach and grab your phone of the nightstand. Your about to decline the call, when the caller ID makes you hesitate.

LittleMeowMeow🐱...

Yoongi...

The only person who loves sleep more than you...

Is calling you at quarter past two at night!

What the hay.

You stiffen a huge yawn and except the call.

"Hello?" Your voice comes out in something between the grunt of a pig and the crock of a frog.

"Hey Y/n, I need a favour" this is what you love about the boy, he's not on for small talk

"Yoongi it's two in the morning and your calling for a favour?" You ask as you prop yourself up on your elbow.

The said male sigh. Not an annoyed sigh, a sad, long day sigh. " that's how you know I'm serious. I would never wast my skeet for something stupid." He tells you gently.

Your eyes fall closed and you shake your head in hopes of waking yourself.

"Ok, what do you need"