Chapter 1

...............Naomi...............

      "Come on, Bitch! We're going out tonight!" Mason yelled from downstairs. Every other night, Mason and I go out on a date. Jayden absolutely despises it, but he can't exactly do anything about it. Mason is older, and he can do whatever he wants. The dates usually end in me getting slapped and then kissed, but I've gotten so used to it that I don't cry until I'm alone, or until he falls asleep when he forces me to sleep in his room instead of going home. It happens pretty often, so I've gotten used to waking up in his bed naked with Mason holding me close to his chest, sometimes ending up below him with his clothed crotch pressing against me.
      "I'll be out in a moment! I'm just finishing up getting ready!" I yell back, putting on the purple eyeliner that Mason always told me that he loved. He loved when I put makeup on, claiming that I looked hideous without it. He bought me makeup kits all the time, telling me that I needed all of it really badly. It hurt to be called ugly by the guy I loved, but it was whatever, just like everything he did.
    "Hurry up or I'll tear that dress off of you and fuck you!" He threatened harshly, earning a comment from Jayden.
    "Watch it, Asshat," Jayden said before I heard a slap from downstairs, a yelp following. I flinched, almost messing up my eyeliner. I heard a groan from Mason, telling me that Jayden started a fight with Mason. Again. They always fought because of, me. It was a normal thing. Mason always won, and then made me take care of his wounds. Only busted knuckles, but I could tell that he wasn't throwing punches. It was all kicking his little brother.
       A few minutes later, I went downstairs to see Jayden laying on the floor, moaning in pain, and Mason smirking in victory. "Come on, Baby. Let's go," he said softly, holding out his hand. I took it hesitantly after running it through my long blonde hair and walked out of the house, not even glancing at Jayden. Mason hates when I look at Jayden before we go out. He hates when I talk to Jayden when he brings me to their house with him. He always says that I'm cheating, and that I'm a dumb little whore. When he takes me home, it's only about him, not his parents, not Jayden. Only Mason, but again, I don't mind. I don't care when he calls me a whore, or a bitch, or a slut. He loves me, and he just wants me to be his. He wants me to stay safe.
        "You remember my rules, right?" He asked me, voice dark and serious. I nod and begin to list them, just like he makes me do every night we go out.
          "If our server is a man, I tell you my order and then you tell him. If anyone looks at me, I tell you and you decide what to do about it. I have to be right next to you at all times, and never look at a man no matter what. Even if it is my own family." I finish with a sigh when I get into Mason's car. He always drove. He said that women didn't deserve to drive. He didn't trust me with his car anyway, and I didn't have a car of my own. My parents couldn't afford one for me.
            He nodded and kissed me for a few seconds. "Perfect. So good for me," he whispered against my lips. I smiled and kissed him back before he pulled away and slapped my thigh. I gasped but covered it with a small cough. Mason just smirked.
"Have I ever told you how much I love your eyes? Such gorgeous emerald eyes." He told me, looking straight into my eyes with his stormy grey ones. "We're watching a movie tonight, by the way" he said flatly, looking away from me. I never chose what we did. It was always his decision of whether we went out for dinner, or to the park, or the beach, or a movie. I was always happy with what he chose, though. As long as I could be with him, I'm happy.
    While we're in the car, Mason says nothing apart from yelling at drivers for going to slow, too fast, or just "not driving goddamn correctly." He has some road rage, always yelling at people from in the closed off car. Sometimes he yells so loud that it rings in my ears for the next ten minutes, but he always puts his hand on my thigh softly and apologises. It doesn't always seem genuine, but I treat it as if it was as genuine as my love for him.
      "I love you, gorgeous," Mason told me while we were stopped at a traffic light. He was looking right at me, his green eyes filled with an emotion that I hadn't seen in a long time.
      "And I love you, Mason," I said back before he leaned in and pressed a gentle kiss against my lips. I kissed back until we heard a honk from behind us. I look forward to see that the light had turned green, and when I looked back at Mason, he was out of the car yelling at the guy behind us.
    "What?! You in a rush? How about you let me and my girlfriend kiss in fucking peace!" He yelled. It went back and forth, the two of them yelling at each other for at least five minutes while I sat in the car and waited for Mason to get back in and start driving again.
    I pulled out my phone and texted Jayden a picture of me in the car, with Mason and the other guy yelling in the background. He just texts me back with a "sympathetic" line of 'oof must suck'. I rolled my eyes and put my phone back in my pocket right before Mason came back into the car and started driving.
    "Sorry about that, babygirl. That guy just wouldn't let up. I hope you aren't upset with me." I just shake my head and smile at him before leaning over the console and kissing his cheek softly. He smiled slightly and put his hand on my thigh. He squeezed it roughly before trailing up to the very top of my inner thigh. He smirked and pressed against my core lightly before pulling away, still looking at the road ahead of us.
    I moaned softly before recovering with a loud cough, earning a glare from Mason. "Too loud, Bitch," he snapped at me. I nodded and whispered a sorry. He nodded back and continued to drive to the movie theatre in a comfortable silence.
    When we got out of the car, Mason held me by the waist, glaring at anyone who would even try to look at me. I would shiver every time his grip tightened, but hid it as well as I could. He gave me a small smile once we got to the door and opened it for me, slapping my ass lightly as I walked into the building. "So, what movie are we going to watch?" I asked timidly, wondering if he had chosen what we would watch, or if he would put it up to me to choose.
    "I don't know, Baby. How about you choose tonight?" he answered with a sigh. I smiled and looked at the selection of playing movies.
    "Can we watch a Rom-Com? We haven't watched one in ages," he nodded and kissed my cheek. I blushed and smiled before kissing his hand and walking up to the ticket booth and asked the woman there for two tickets to the movie we were going to watch.  She gave me the tickets with a smile. I start to pull out my wallet, but was immediately stopped by Mason. He shook his head and paid. "You didn't have to pay," I told him in annoyance while we walked to the concession area at the back of the large room.
    "But I did. You can pay for the snacks if you really want to," he told me, slapping my arm lightly. "Next time you complain, it's the cheek, and I won't be so gentle," he whispered harshly into my ear. I nod silently with a frown. I didn't think he would ever hit me in public, but I guess I was wrong.
    "I'll pay for snacks. I want to contribute something to this date night," I said to him softly, pulling out my wallet and looking at what I could get.
    "Tell me what you want and I'll tell the asshat looking at you from the other side of the counter," Mason told me as we walked up. I avoided any eye contact with the man working there while I looked at what I wanted.
    "I'll get a pina colada Icee and a large popcorn for the two of us to share," I told Mason, who told the cinema worker along with his order of nachos and a Dr. Pepper. He grabbed my card and paid with it, making me put in my pin and then took the snacks and started walking towards the theatre that we would be sitting in for the next hour or two.
    During the movie, Mason and I share sneaky kisses and touches, laughing at certain parts of the film, but mostly just staying silent, eating out snacks, and making out since we were the only ones up in the very back of the theatre. Once it ended, Mason got up and immediately started to walk out. I followed quickly with my garbage in hand. I threw away the empty popcorn bucket and my cup before waiting to see where Mason had gone.
    A few minutes later, he came out of the bathroom and grabbed me by the neck and kissed me hard. "Let's get back to my house, you're staying there for a while. Your parents called me when I was in the bathroom, telling me that they're going on a year-long trip across the country. They couldn't take you for a few reasons, and so you're staying with me for a year while they're gone. You'll be able to contact them, but not very often. About once a month is what they told me," he said, pulling me closer. I just nodded, not saying a word or questioning anything he told me. "They told me that they have your stuff packed to go to my place, so we'll have to pick it up before we actually go home."
    I smiled at him and kissed him softly. "Alright, let's get going, I guess." He nods and takes me by the waist with a small smirk. I choose to not ask him what he's smirking about since I already have an idea of what it is. I know that my parents don't know about Mason, and that they hate traveling. He probably just texted Jayden about it earlier, and so he went and packed up all my stuff, saying that I was moving out with him and some other friends.
    The whole ride to my house, Mason would be holding my thigh, slapping it harshly multiple times when I would start sing to the songs on the radio. He hated when I would sing to the radio, said it covered my voice and didn't let me sing properly. Don't get me wrong, he loved my singing. Just not when I would sing over the radio. I would always sing him to sleep when I would stay the night. He always said that it helped him fall asleep, saying that he had troubles sleeping when I wasn't there to sing to him. I was always happy to hear that he loved my singing, and that he slept better when I sang to him.
"A whole year of falling asleep to your sweet, beautiful voice singing to me," he mumbled when he and I got to my house. "Now go get your stuff. Your parents aren't home right now." I nod slowly and get out of the car, closing it softly before walking up to the small house and unlocking the grey wooden door. I walk in to see nothing but plain grey and blue walls.
The musty couch was gone, the pictures of me and my parents had been taken down and the holes from nails were covered. There was no smell of late night cinnamon rolls being baked. There was no humming coming from my mother, and no yelling about work from my father. The whole house was so empty. Only kitchen appliances remained here. I walked up to my room to see multiple boxes filled and taped closed. My eyes start to tear up. They moved...?
Mason walked up and hugged me tight. "Why did you lie to me...? Why didn't you tell me that they moved and didn't bring me with...?" I cried into his chest. He just stroked my hair and shushed me quietly.
"Baby, I just wanted you to see it for yourself instead of getting it from me. They told Jayden that they couldn't take you where they were moving for your safety. I was actually talking to Jayden in the bathroom. He called me to tell me about it because of the fact that you and I are together. At first, I was pretty annoyed, but then I realised that I could be with my baby girl even more than before," he told me softly, kissing my forehead.
I nod and grab some of my stuff, watching Mason as he picked up three boxes easily. I could tell that they were pretty heavy, but he was strong, so it didn't bother him at all.
    He smiled at me when we finished packing everything up. All of my things were packed into the trunk of his 1969 black Ford Mustang. He treated his car as his prized possession. He always loved cars. Ever since I met him years and years ago. He would always rant to me and Jayden about how he was going to get a 1960s Mustang, and when he turned sixteen, he dragged his dad across the state to find the "perfect" car. It was pretty funny to hear about from Jayden. Little did I know that two years later, I'd be riding that car every day.
"So, are you ready to live with me, Baby? My parents have given me permission to have you sleep in bed with me." He told me softly. I nodded silently.
        If I knew what was to come, I would have never asked what I did next...

Here's chapter 1. I hope you enjoyed it. These chapters are quite long (this one was 2,470 words), so bear with me.😂
-Katie💜