Chapter 8

I walked up to the room after my quiet breakfast. I was silent, knowing that our fight wasn't over. I just prayed that I didn't get any texts while I was down there. I had left my phone in the room so that I wasn't distracted, but if I got a text from anyone, Mason would have another go at me like last night. He was screaming at me for being too close to Jayden. He yelled at me that I was his, and slapped me a few times. The whole day had been so good. He was so nice, and now it's back to normal. I hate it.

"Naomi! Get your ass in here now!" Mason growled. I flinched, knowing that someone had messaged me and that he had seen. I hurried into the room, my head hanging low. He was holding my phone, my messages on the screen. "Why the hell are you in contact with Tessa?" He growled at me.

"I... I just wanted another friend, Mason. She was so nice to me at the salon, so I got her number while you were in the bathroom," I squeaked out. He glared at me. "Why does it even matter, anyway?" His expression faltered for a moment but hardened once again.

"Because she's my ex-girlfriend, Naomi! That's why it fucking matters!" He started typing something to Tessa and handed me my phone. "This isn't over, but I have to leave. We'll put your shit away and then get to my new lesson for you when I get back." I nodded, looking at what he sent to Tessa.

This is Mason. Meet me at our spot in twenty minutes. No excuses.

I sighed and watched him change, turning away once he pulled off his sweatpants. I heard him shuffle into his jeans and grab a shirt out of our closet. He turned me around and kissed me. He was rough and messy, but I didn't care. I loved him too much to care how rough he was being with me.
He left the room without another word. I sat on the bed and waited for the front door to slam before I did anything else. Once it did, I got up and walked downstairs. I got to the couch and turned on the tv. I pulled up a random movie and watched it. It was boring, the characters were too clichè, and the plot was nonexistent. I wasn't interested in it at all and fell asleep twenty minutes into it.

I woke up after a while to Mason storming in and grabbing me. "You will never speak to her again. She's blocked your number. You will do the same. Now!" He growled into my ears. I pulled out my phone and tried to ignore the pain in my arm from his strong grip tightening every few seconds. I pulled up Tessa's contact and blocked the phone number. Mason let go of me a minute later. "And we will never go back to that salon. If we ever come across her in public, you won't look at her or say anything to her. Do you understand?" I nodded. "I said, do you understand!" He roared.

"Yes, Mason. I understand. I will never look at, speak to, or mention her again." I whispered.

He smirked and pulled me up to our room. He threw me to the floor with a dark laugh. "Get putting your shit away, Bitch." He had never treated me like this before. He had yelled and hit, but he had never thrown me around like this. I let out a cry but was stopped by Mason growling at me. "Stop crying. You got yourself into this. First, you ask why I can't sleep at night, and then you ask what I do for work, and now you think that you can just be friends with anyone you meet. What if she wanted to hurt you so she could have me back?" Mason kept snapping at me while I unpacked my boxes and put things into their spots.

I opened a box and found my childhood toys and pictures. At the bottom of it was a folded paper. I opened it up and saw my mom's handwriting.

Naomi,

Our sweet girl. I know you have questions as to why we've left you. Your father was given a new job in a neighbourhood that we couldn't take you to. It has been known to cause many teen deaths, and we couldn't risk your survival, just to be with you for a short time. Please take care, and don't hold this against us. We love you so much, and we're doing this for your sake. We'll call whenever we can. Promise.