Chapter 2

...............Jayden...............

A few minutes after Naomi left with Mason, I got a phone call. I had slightly recovered from my beating from Mason, but I was still in a lot of pain. Fucking bastard.
I answered the call to hear my friend Taylor's voice. He and I had been friends for about seven years. Not enough to rival my friendship with Naomi, but longer than any of my other friendships.
    "Hey, Jay. What are you doing today? I kinda wanna take you up on that offer," he told me into the phone.
    "I'm free. Are you sure you wanna do this? You might be making a big mistake," I reply timidly. The truth is, I had liked this guy for a while, and I sort of asked him out the previous week. It wasn't a plain 'Wanna go out with me' kind of situation. I never exactly asked him on a date. I just asked if he wanted to go to an amusement park  with me. He told me that he wanted to have a little bit of time to think about it, and I guess a week was enough time.
    "Yes, I'm sure, Jay. I want to go. I refuse to let you change my mind about this. Now, I'm gonna come over in about twenty minutes. Make sure you're ready, handsome." The call ended. I smiled slightly and got up from my lying position in an instant, causing my head to hurt for a moment. "Fucking hell."
    I walked up to my room and quickly got changed into my white shirt, black bomber jacket, and black skinny jeans. It was fucking painful on my balls, but I mean, I had to at least try to impress Taylor. He came from a pretty wealthy family, which makes a lot of sense when you think about how he acts, so I had to look at least a little nice. I did my hair in the last about three minutes I had before I heard a small knock on my door
    I walked downstairs quickly, yelling out to Taylor, even though I knew very well that he couldn't hear me. "Be there in a moment!"
    He knocked again.
    And again.
    And for the fourth time.
    I opened the door to be greeted by the smaller boy. He was about half a foot shorter than me, and he was definitely thinner and softer than I was. He had short brown hair and bright blue eyes."Finally," he told me sassily, his hand resting on his hip. I just roll my eyes and shake my head at him.
    "Hello to you, too, Taylor." I sass back. Felt weird, but oh well. He just chuckled and kissed my cheek. "Ready to go?" Taylor nodded.
    "You look hot," he told me with a bright smile. I just rolled my eyes again. This guy... "I'm serious, though! I really think you look hot! That bomber jacket is so sexy." His hand ran up and down my chest lightly. I flexed my stomach just to show off my abs. He chuckled and stood on his toes and kissed my cheek.
    I look into his eyes and see that his eyelashes are darker and longer, and his eyelids look shiny. "Are you wearing makeup?" I ask softly, still looking into his eyes.
    "J-just a little mascara, eyeliner, and eyeshadow. Do you not like it? I-I have makeup wipes in my car " He answers softly. He immediately looked down sadly.
    "Taylor, I never said that I didn't like it. I love it. It looks so good on you. So pretty," I muttered. He smiled at me happily. "Come on, pretty. Let's get going. Or would you rather just go inside and hang out. I don't mind either way." I told him with a smirk, and he practically melted into me, leaning into my chest and batting his pretty eyes at me.
    "Let's just go inside and be together in private. I was kinda apprehensive of going out anyway. I was hoping you'd just take the two of us inside," he told me, leaning back up to look at me and wrapping his arms around my neck. I picked him up and carried him inside and lightly tossed him onto the couch. He pouted while I walked away from him slightly. "You're supposed to sit with me on the couch," he whined to me.
    "I'm just going to get the TV remote to put on a movie or something for the two of us to watch. Calm down, Pretty," I told him softly before grabbing the remote and walking back to the couch and sitting down next to Taylor.
    "Jay?" Taylor asked me while I looked through Netflix. I just hummed in response. "Why do you like me?"
    "I like you because you're perfect, and sweet, and kind, and so, so pretty." I said before he leaned in and kissed me. He had lipgloss on. I could tell by the soft feel of his lips, and they were slightly wet. Definitely lipgloss. His lips fit with mine perfectly, like they were meant just for me. His hands laced through my hair while mine settled on his soft hips. He groaned slightly and licked across my bottom lip after about a minute, which was when I pulled away. "No making out on the first date, Pretty. You'll have to get me to go out with you again if you want to do that. Now let's just watch a movie. My brother and Naomi will be coming back soon enough, so I need you to leave when the movie ends." He pouted. "I'm sorry, Pretty, I just can't have them knowing about us. You know I'm not so open about my preferences. I'll properly take you out next week. I promise." I kissed his forehead softly and he smiled again, showing me his perfect teeth.
    "Okay. Let's just watch a movieee," he dragged the last part out dramatically, leaning into my arm. I nodded with a chuckle and held him close to me. We watched about half of a random action movie that we both liked until I got a call.
    "I'll be right back. It's Naomi's mom." He pouted again when I stood up and walked into a different room. "Hello?"
    "Hi Jayden. I need you to do me a favour. Tyler and I are moving out of the state, and we can't take her due to the area. It's not that safe, but it's the only place we can go due to my husband's work. I need you, your parents, and brother to take her into your home. I hope that this won't be much of an inconvenience," she sounded tired, like she had been moving around a lot. She had probably been moving boxes and packing for hours.
    "Of course we'll take her in Mrs. Parks. It won't be a problem at all." Taylor came up to me and kissed me softly, wrapping his arms around my waist. I smiled down at him and kissed his forehead.
"Alright. Thank you so much, Jayden. This means a lot to me. I'll talk to you later. Bye." I said goodbye back and ended the call. I kissed Taylor a bit harder than he had, and he giggled onto my lips.
I immediately called Mason. He answered after a moment. "Hey jackass, I got something to tell you. You'll be pretty damn happy."
"What is it? I had to pretend to go to the bathroom because of you. Make it quick. Nao's waiting." He snapped into the phone.
"Well, we're taking her in. Her parents are moving, and they're not able to take her with. You can probably have her in bed with you every night." I snapped back.
    "Well, you'll have to have ear plugs in tonight," Mason scoffed, a smirk evident in his tone, causing me to fake gag. Taylor looked at me with his gorgeous blue eyes. He looked confused. I just shook my head and kissed him quickly.
    "Yeah yeah asshole. I gotta go. I'm on a date right now," I told him rudely. Taylor smiled up at me happily. He hung up almost immediately. I walked back over to the couch and sat down. Taylor made himself comfortable in my lap.
    About forty-five minutes later, I got Taylor off of me. "Taylor, sweetheart, you have to go now. My brother is gonna be here soon." He pouted, his still-glossy bottom lip poking out under his top lip like a little boy who didn't get the toy he wanted from the store.
    "But I want to cuddle more," he whined to me. I just kissed him softly.
    "Sweetie, I know you do, but we can't. I don't want my brother and Naomi knowing about us just yet. I promise I'll take you out on a real date next week." He still pouted, but sighed, accepting it soon after
    "Okay. Bye, Jay," he told me sadly before kissing me hard and then heading to the door, giving me one last smirk before leaving. I rolled my eyes with a smile and then cleaned up the living room, making sure that there was no trace of me having someone at the house with me. Luckily, my parents wouldn't be home until after midnight because they had gone on a date right after my mom showered after work.

This chapter was a bit shorter than chapter one, but it's still pretty damn long (1,572 words).
-Katie💜