Memoirs of Joy (Always II)

Jin stood upright in front of his superiors and saluted.

"Congratulations once again for being promoted as superintendent "

Jin nods his head. "Thank you, sir."

Jin being a silent person that he is, the people inside the office were already used to him not being talkative even when they went to noraebang to celebrate his promotion. He paid for all the expenses without stopping his subordinates from ordering food and drinks.

"Jin hyung is scary at first but when I worked with him, he's quite nice actually." said one of his team.

Jin still didn't answer and drank his glass of gin.

After the celebration, Jin walked home and slept. Sometime in the evening, he felt something cold on his feet waking him up, cold sweat drenched his shirt.

Jin sat on his bed wiping the beads of sweat on his forehead. He looked around his bedroom to see if anyone is around but all he sees is darkness.

What is this feeling?

He's alone in his apartment but it feels like someone is there with him, watching him. His lips went dry, his eyes moisten.

Then tears started streaming down his face.

He lightly touched his wet cheek. He looked down on his now wet fingers.

What are these tears for? Why do I feel so uneasy?

Every now and then his heart clenches especially when he looks at books and in the sky. What's so special about them?

He went to work the day after without getting enough sleep but he was used to it so his subordinates did not notice anything.

His team was assigned on a new case which they instantly paid attention to since it was a homicide. They went to the crime scene to investigate and look for evidence, they have to look for a clue on who the killer is and the motive of the murder.

The victim is a woman in her 20s living alone in an owned apartment, according to the Intel, she has a fiancee but is currently abroad who's been away for two weeks because of work.

"What about her exes? What did you get?" Jin asked still looking around.

"When we asked her friends, they said that she only had one ex-boyfriend back when she was in college, she's engaged with her current boyfriend."

"Where is her fiancee?"

"He's on the way as we speak, you can talk to him when he arrives."

"Okay, and please notify me immediately of the investigation of the CCTV's." The informant nodded before leaving.

Jin looked around the victim's apartment. It was clean though there are boxes lying around in the corner. She must be moving things there since the apartment is quite empty.

He went to the bedroom next, this time the furniture is placed already and saw signs that the victim slept there already. Walking to the desk, Jin scanned the things on top then stopped when he saw a Bible.

There's that familiar aching again in his chest. As soon as he touches the cover of the Bible, his head ached so badly.

He gripped his front hair to stop the aching.

What's happening to me? Why am I always like this?

Jin shakes his head continuously and the aching stopped gradually.

"Detective Kim?" Someone called at the door.

Jin looked up.

"Her fiancee is here."