Chapter IV

"Majora's Mask?" I repeated the words the blonde has spoken. What the heck is a Majora's Mask? (This symbol apparently.)

He took my hand in his and gently graze his finger against the skin. "It can't be." He mumbled out as his blood red eyes gaze into mine.

"I gotta go. I seriously gotta go." He said in a frantic and terrified tone. I nodded and in a flash, he was gone. Blinking away the confusion, my eyes gaze into the symbol tattooed on my finger. Majora's Mask..

-

I managed to hide this thing from my parents once I got home. Excusing myself to my room after dinner and locking myself in there.

My hands immediately glided through the keyboard. Researching things to know about this Majora's Mask. Apparently, it was a game. A Legend of Zelda thing that was released about a few years ago.

Its graphic couldn't be compared with today's generation, but it felt nostalgic looking at its edges. I scrolled through each articles the site presented me and saw something that caught my interest.

An article about the strange symbol. I clicked on it and it brought me to a page with a dark and spooky design. It showed a cartridge that looked old and abandoned. A paper sticker with the game's name was placed in the middle of it, looking teared and dried off from being wet.

I read the article thoroughly, but it only provided my insight of what the game was all about. Apparently, it was about this green elfin boy, Link, collecting a lot of masks. And that's about what I understood.

I clicked on the picture of the cartridge and felt a certain familiarity with it. On second thought, IT IS FAMILIAR.

I jumped off my chair and rushed to a chest seated at the foot of my bed. The chest where I stuff most of my junk that I rarely use anymore that I didn't want to throw away. I rummaged into it like a bounty hunter and at the very bottom of the chest, I saw it.

The exact same cartridge from the photo. With its torn paper sticker and cracked corners. My thumb grazed the side of the cartridge and along with it, I saw my old Nintendo 64(OMGOMGOMG).

"This . . . brings back a lot of memories." I gaped as I took the thing off the chest. Letting it sit on the floor. I glance at the television seated across the bed. "Imma play this thing like there's no tomorrow." I grinned and did just that.

After putting everything back into the chest except for the game and the console, I prepped it up on the television and crossed my fingers for it to work. Eventually, it did!

The game loaded with ease. As if it was brand new. It played the cutscene of the mask circling in and about until I pressed START and it instantly brought me to its homescreen.

There were two files that are SAVED in the game. One with the name AsRIeL in a shuffled lower and upper case. A complete doofus. And the other under the name BEN.

Ben?

Is that why his name was so familiar? Because of this? Could he be the same Ben, though?

Shrugging off the thought, my fingers clicked the file of BEN on its own. It brought me to this place where I don't recall but recognize. There was a clock tower, a round flying thing surrounding the green elf-looking character. Pressing the START, it brought me to its menu, showing me its collection of masks.

He completed it? Damn, this BEN guy must have been a complete addict. When I decided to finally exit BEN's game file and play my own, the screen flickered, causing me to flinch and curse out.