[one] don't trust gazzy

"I'm serious, Gazzy."

"I know, Stokeley. Will you please stop saying that? I got this."

"Are you sure?"

"Man, don't ask me that shit again."

"Look, I'm trusting you with the life of my child. I just need to make sure that you'll treat him right." I sighed.

"Your child? Nigga, you don't have children! I'm literally just watching your dog while you go to Walmart." Gazzy said in a high pitched tone.

"Yeah, but remember that one time in fourth grade when i let you play with my hamster at the park and you drowned him?" I said putting my hands on my hips.

"I didn't drown-"

"You put him in the drivers seat of your remote control truck, told me to watch how fast he could go, then, you proceeded to drive it full speed into the lake! He sunk to the fucking bottom and died, Gazzy!"

"I said i was sorry!" He said, putting up his hands in mock defense.

"You looked at me and said 'Game Over' in a deep voice."

"I meant it in a funny way." He shrugged.

"It wasn't funny."

"Hah, to you it wasn't. That little nigga zoomed off fast as hell." Gazzy smiled, which then turned into an ugly laugh.

"I hate you. Like, a lot. How would you feel if i killed your dog and laughed?" I asked, making sure my keys were still in my pocket.

"I don't have a dog."

"Then what is Omar?" I smiled.

"Omar is my boyfr- hey!" Gazzy said, giving my shoulder a light shove. He huffed out an angry breath. "I'm tired of people saying he looks like a dog."

"Okay, okay i'll stop. If it makes you feel better, then i'll stop making fun of Scruffy."

"Fuck you." Gazzy spat.

"Okay i'm done, for real this time." I lied.

"You better go ahead and leave before I change my mind."

"Yeah, I'm leaving. I left you some Coco Puffs in the cabinet. I saved you some in a Ziploc bag because I ate the rest."

"Gracias nigga!" Gazzy said, now filled with excitement. "I forgive you."

"You killed my pet." I mumbled, walking to the front door. I bent over and scratched my dog, Winter, behind the ears. He was still laying down in his bed by the door.

Gazzy opened the bag and took a handful. "Hey, I'm sorry for drowning your hamster over ten years ago. Look, it's all just water under the bridge now." He joked, putting some of the cereal in his mouth.

"I hope you choke and die." I said before I walked out, nearly slamming the door behind me.

------------------------------------------------------

The lady holding my card gave a confused look at the register.

She sighed. "Sorry sir, it looks like your card was declined-"

"Damn bitch, why you gotta be so loud?" I said through gritted teeth. I snatched the card back and looked around to see if anyone heard that embarrassing shit.

"I-i'm sorry. Your um..your card was declined." She said in a quieter tone.

"Here." I said annoyed, handing her another card.

She swiped it and smiled. "This one works."

"You said that like you wanted people to know that I'm in poverty." I laughed. "Which I'm not." I corrected.