[six] the animosity of a pissed off pussy

I have come to the painful conclusion that I may not ever be able to have guests at my home. Why? Here, let me tell you how my evening just, unsuccessfully, went.

I'd been getting ready all day for tonight. Tonight was boys night, usually it would take place at Tay's house but he's spending the weekend in jail. Allegedly, he was arrested for assault charges because he crippled some guy in a Walmart parking lot. Anyways, we did rock, paper, scissors and I'd lost.

I didn't have a problem with being a host, I love company. However, it wasn't hosting that I was worried about. It was X.

Who, as if on cue, just trotted into the kitchen like he owned the place. He'd been following me around and curiously watching me all day today. Anywhere I went, he wasn't far behind me either tilting his head in confusion or poking his head around corners to watch me.

While I was preparing some snacks for the guys, he'd managed to hop onto the kitchen island and begin sniffing around. "Why are you so nosey tonight?" I grunted as I picked him up and placed him back on the floor.

He tilted his head at me again. I rolled my eyes. "Go play or something little dude."

He meowed and effortlessly hopped back onto the island.

"Damn acrobatic ass feline." I mumbled.

After that nothing changed. I tidied up a bit, fixed the couch cushions, put away stray toys, and moved the brand new TV remote to the top shelf. X wasn't in my field of vision anymore, but I'm sure that he's still watching me from whatever corner or vantage point he had scampered off to.

I had just finished everything when the familiar 'ding' of my doorbell brought a smile to my face. My favorite group of niggers have arrived.

I excitedly hurried to the door and threw that bitch open. Five idiots yelled "ayee!" loudly and dapped me up. Gazzy screamed that stupid ass catchphrase that he liked saying. Es-ket-tit or whatever it was.

"Y'all ready for some heavy bullshit and niggatry tonight?" Kentrell grinned.

"I'm tryna get buckwild."

"Keep your pants on please."

"Hey, where's the little demon at, Stokeley? Sleeping?"

"Little demon? Nigga you got a kid?" Gazzy gasped. I sighed at his ignorance and Kentrell laughed.

Rakim rolled his eyes. "He has a small animal living with him, a kitten you fucking nincompoop."

"I am not a nintendo poop, Rakim. I'm a grown man." Gazzy scoffed.

"That's not what... nevermind. I need a drink." Rakim made a beeline for the kitchen. Gazzy followed.

"No but really, where's X?" He crossed his arms.

"Honestly, I don't know." I shrugged. "He'd been following me around all day and then as soon as the doorbell rang, he disappeared."

Kentrell nodded and let out a deep breath. "Okay. Just try to keep him as far away from me as possible." He shuddered.

"Noted. Now bring yo burnt ass on. It's boys night negro." I smirked and playfully punched his shoulder.

The night was going smoothly. We talked, made fun of each other, and Gazzy forced us to listen to him freestyle. It wasn't bad, but it'd be better if he would try to decrease on the amount of times that he used the word 'Gucci'.

I was having a great time. It's been a while since anyone had came over, especially since I'd gotten X. I wanted him to get used to living here before I brought a lot of people around him. Speaking of X, he still hasn't shown up. He must be sleeping somewhere.