The Cat, the Boss and the Newest Recipe for Disaster

Life is weird, I think. Why would a person ever walk around with a hollowed umbrella, that too with a long-ass hat? Oh, that is definitely a tall building and Mary Poppins is about to jump off of it with her umbrella. What's with the umbrellas, is it the theme for Met Gala 2019 or something? I wish I could go to the Met Gala. Oh, my lord, what the hell is that annoying noise? Oh, she jumped. The hell is happening here?

My eyes opened and everything is annoying me already. I turned off the alarm clock ringing on my bedside and sighed as I regretted the day that was to come. My life has suddenly become so bizarre, even my dreams are bizarre. While I was sighing, Winterfell had joined me on my bed and his butt was now on my face.

"Come on, 'fell...can't breathe...get off!" I picked him up and he clawed at my face. That is definitely going to leave a mark. I walked into my bathroom and he followed as usual. What is his deal?

I reached at the office exactly at 7:45 in the morning and changed into my converses. I prepped up for today's work and waited for my new boss's annoying ass to arrive. I was hoping to not see him this morning while I was leaving my apartment. I did hear some suspicious activity going on last night. It might be another woman for all I care. He could be involved in being the president of his little harem for all I care. Hell, he could be a psycho-murderer for all I care. Actually, on a second thought, living right across from a psycho-murderer is a bit terrifying. But, that's not the point.

I looked at the time and it was 8:20, I went to the kitchen and made him a coffee- black, no sugar, no milk. No wonder he was so bitter. My intercom rang and I was greeted with his stupid, seemingly sexy voice.

"Ms. Lahiri, my office, now. And my coffee." He hung up.

He didn't even wait for me to respond. Then again, what was I expecting?

I walked into his office and there he was barking at someone on the phone. What crawled up his ass so early in the morning? Maybe, his last night's performance was not satisfactory enough for the woman. I snickered at that.

"Did I say something funny, Ms. Lahiri?" He made a straight eye contact and heel, he was sexy. And was serious.

"I'm sorry, sir."

"If those things happen on a regular basis then you must go and see a doctor."

I looked at him, confused and asked, "what?"

"Spacing out. I can't work with people who can't focus."

I wanted to wring his neck and dry him out like a wash cloth. And God, why was I suddenly visualising his hands around my neck and my hands in his hair? That was so sexy and nasty at the same time. He is a married man who is cheating on his wife! I need to get a grip.

"You're doing it again."

"I'm so sorry. How can I help you...sir?" I mumbled. I never mumbled like that. I used to when I had first started working here. Maybe, it was the converses. I should wear heels while talking to him. I was feeling strangely small.

"Well, book a table at the Five Flavours for four at 1pm, send some flowers to Mr. Mulchandani and pen a note saying 'I'm sorry for your loss', apparently his horse died and please proofread all the documents before forwarding those to me."

"Ok, sir. Anything else?"

"If there was, I'd not shy away from telling you, would I?" with that he went back to his work. And I went back to my office.

I did everything as I was told. There was a call on my office phone and I picked it up.

"Hello, Sahana Lahiri, Golden Blue Group of Hotels, how may I help you?"